Cell Engineering Scientist/Senior Scientist
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a leading company in CRISPR genome engineering located in Berkeley, CA. Caribou's tools and technologies provide transformative capabilities to therapeutic development, agricultural biotechnology, industrial biotechnology, and basic and applied biological research. The six-year old company has developed a best-in-class CRISPR genome engineering technology platform and has a leading intellectual property position.
We are seeking a Scientist/Senior Scientist to join our Cell Engineering Group in Berkeley. The ideal candidate will interact closely with other Scientists and Research Associates to drive discovery and development of new cell-based therapeutics.
- iPSC culture, handling and gene editing
- Oversee iPSC hematopoietic/immune cell differentiation efforts
- Analysis and characterization of differentiated cell types
- Manage Research Associate(s) within the team
- Coordinate experiments with other Scientists and RAs across functional groups, compile data and present results and stay current on relevant primary literature
Candidate must possess:
- PhD or equivalent experience in (Stem) Cell biology, Immunology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Thorough understanding of T cell differentiation/development
- Broad expertise in mammalian cell culture techniques
- Experience working with iPSCs
- Competency in flow cytometry / fluorescence activated cell sorting
- Proficiency in basic molecular biology techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as to collaborate with peers and work effectively in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Strong organizational, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to share occasional weekend cell culture duties
- Background in immunology
- Application of genome editing technologies
- Experience with RNA-Seq
- 3D cell culture
- Experience with lab automation
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a dynamic start-up company, and the successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. For more information, please visit www.cariboubio.com. Caribou is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @CaribouBio.
Caribou offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to Company-observed holidays. The Company provides medical, dental, and vision insurance, along with a 401(k) retirement savings plan which includes matching employer contributions. Caribou promotes a culture in which employees are respected and rewarded for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
Caribou is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (as defined under California law), veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, Caribou prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Direct applicants only. No agencies please.