Intercontinental Region Learning and Development Lead
Amgen is looking for a Learning and Development Lead for the Intercontinental Region. The Learning and Development Lead will strategically ensure development and execution of high-impact learning and performance support solutions for the Intercontinental region; which covers Amgen's affiliates in Canada, Latin America (Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Argentina) and TMEA (Turkey, GCC, Levant, Egypt, Maghreb and South Africa) as well as the Regional HQ that is based in Thousand Oaks, California.
- Responsible for region-wide Learning and Development strategy encompassing all functions, to drive change and help create a Best Place for Talent Culture within Intercontinental.
- Partner with functional training leads, HRBP's and regional senior leaders to conduct performance and learning needs analysis for Intercontinental Region as well as determining the content of all capability building initiatives such as ICON Leadership Development Program and ACE.
- Lead the Regional Learning Council ensuring strong co-ordination with Talent Assessment outcomes, Career Development Planning and learning solutions.
- Diagnose, design and deliver customized leadership, talent and organizational development solutions for clients in the region to improve performance.
- Leverage existing Amgen resources, e-learning services and vendors.
- Build learning and development initiatives into an annual business plan aligned with the Intercontinental Region's key goals for the upcoming year and evaluate the impact of client centered solutions delivered.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Talent, Learning and Development or Organizational Development experience
Master's degree and 4 years of Talent, Learning and Development or Organizational Development experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Talent, Learning and Development or Organizational Development experience
Associate degree and 10 years of Talent, Learning and Development or Organizational Development experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Talent, Learning and Development or Organizational Development experience
- 4+ years of experience in Human Resources to include experience working in a Center of Excellence (i.e., Talent Management, Organizational Development, Learning & Development)
- Demonstrated project management skills, including ability to manage diverse, cross-functional teams across time zones
- Demonstrated experience working with leaders, including identifying needs, developing action plans, and presenting results/recommendations
- Proven track record engaging key stakeholders and developing effective partnerships across different functions and locations
- Proactive, collaborative, and persuasive team and project leadership, including influencing and negotiation skills
- Exercises discretion, ability to work independently and prioritize across multiple projects and handle diverse assignments simultaneously
- Knowledge of organizational behavior, group dynamics, change management, and talent management principles
- Ability to translate theory into practice in business terms
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.