Associate Director Category Management
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Summary: The Associate Director Category Management will be responsible to develop & lead the Global Category Management strategy for the Drug Product Manufacturing Combination Products, Components, Medical Devices, Drug Product Industrialization and other areas as assigned. She/he is a proven business strategy influencer & collaborator by advising Regeneron Global commercial teams on supply market dynamics and leading practices which maximize value, minimize risk, and ensure quality & cost effectiveness. The Associate Director Category Management works effectively with ambiguity to anticipate future global business requirements in complex and/or multiple business unit stakeholder categories. She/he develops strategies to meet future demands and to create a competitive supply advantage. The Associate Director Category Management owns the global Supplier Management Program including risk, performance, relationship, and supplier development pillars. She/he will ensure that the global category strategy is consistently deployed within individual markets by leading a team of category managers and/or collaborating with sourcing managers and other peers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Identifies and resolves unique situations of substantial significance in the category under management
• Applies ingenuity and creativity to problem analysis and resolution in complicated and/or novel situations
• Uses independent judgement, sophisticated through, leadership and development skills to execute tasks and drive the sourcing team
• Either directly or through a matrix structure, manages teams of professional level employees responsible for performing sourcing tasks to carry out category and supply management tasks
• Serve as the SS&P leader for the associated governance forums which can include Joint Operating Committee and Annual/Semi-Annual Business Review Meetings
• Directs the regional/global category management strategy for the category of ownership to serve regional/global business needs
• Responsible for global contractual agreements and works with internal legal department on any changes that are critical to Regeneron's interest
• Reviews global contracts for key areas of spend; monitor trends/patterns within the category and serve as the primary point for negotiations.
• Identify/define sourcing best practices both within and outside of Regeneron and ensure those best practices are adopted.
• Assists with the planning and management of budgets, policies and practices for sourcing function with significant impact on area operations
• Informs and influences decision making at the management and executive level
• Provides coaching and guidance on job performance and career development to direct reports (if applicable) and provides leadership examples for the organization
• Coaches proficiency on procurement technical skills among the External Manufacturing IOPS Procurement Team, category/sourcing managers, and peers.
• Leads and directs the global supply market evaluation process by utilizing all available market intelligence, risk, compliance, and financial assessment tools
• Creates the global Supplier Management Program for the category including risk, performance, relationship, and supplier development pillars with collective input from the individual market sourcing managers
• Accountable for implementing the global Category Management strategy
• Authority to act as the primary relationship manager to the supplier's global leadership team
• Develops and leads the framework negotiation plan for the global category strategy using a leader mastery level skill set
• Coaches category and sourcing managers to ensure consistent execution of the global Supplier Management Program
• Responsible to conduct negotiations with key suppliers at their most senior/global leadership level
• Approximately 25% travel, domestic and international
Knowledge and Skills:
• Working knowledge with sourcing contracting tools, ERP's, and eRFx systems preferred. (Oracle, Zycus, GEP, Ariba, Other).
• Ability to leverage standard business applications for communicating, presenting and analyzing (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Cost modeling knowledge
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Ability to develop detailed business cases
• Ability to build consensus, teamwork, and creativity within a collaborative team with limited supervision
Education and Experience:
• Requires Bachelor's degree plus 10 years of relevant, progressive experience within procurement, to preferably include 7 years directly in sourcing Pharma/Biotech. Will also consider Master's degree plus 8 years of relevant, progressive experience within procurement, to preferably include 5 years directly in sourcing within Pharma/Biotech.
• Strong understanding of third party Contract Manufacturing, Combination Products, Primary and Secondary Components & Medical Device supply/commodity markets.
• Aseptic filling experience preferred; will consider significant engineering experience with process equipment.
• Demonstrated experience leading multiple categories and strategic sourcing category teams.
• 2 years of supervisory experience or demonstrated experience leading a matrix team.
Title level (Associate Director or Director) will be determined based on qualifications relevant to the role.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.