Clinical Instrument Specialist
Clinical Instrument Specialist Houston Region
As a member of Miltenyi Biotec North America, you will work independently and in partnership with the Clinical Applications Managers to support clinically oriented cell therapy laboratories and biopharma companies.
- Showcase Miltenyi cell and gene therapy manufacturing processes including CAR-T, antigen-specific T cell, NK and HSC processes
- Assist in scoping out, documenting and developing custom applications to fit unique customer needs
- Perform CliniMACS® Prodigy & CliniMACS® Plus instrument trainings at customer sites and assist in developing and refining customer training SOPs
- Maintain customer satisfaction by assisting with process development and troubleshooting assays
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers and participate actively as a team player in key account plans
- Facilitate adoption of products in clinical applications by working within appropriate regulatory frameworks and with the support of regulatory affairs
- Perform demonstrations of CliniMACS® Prodigy & CliniMACS® Plus instruments
- Help new team members develop key competencies and share best practices
- Work with sales team to support activities such as technical seminars and conferences
• B.A. or B.S. degree in a life science discipline; one to two years' experience in clinical cell processing or application involving clinical devices; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, evidence of insurance/insurability, ability to receive appropriate clearance to access restricted government accounts, and be authorized to work in the U.S.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (dual lift). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have ability to handle more than one task at a time and must work at a rapid pace while maintaining attention to detail. Must be able to travel routinely by car and plane.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job is performed in a variety of facilities. Each person performing this job must have a home office environment, which is temperature controlled. This job requires the person to be mobile to visit customer sites. Due to the travel requirements, this position may be exposed to natural elements of nature. Used research/clinical equipment may be handled in this job and strict safety guidelines and SOPs must be followed and Personal Protective Equipment must be worn. All persons performing this job will receive appropriate training prior to engaging in work requiring Personal Protective Equipment or SOP procedures.
Miltenyi Biotec is expanding and evolving. Our culture is one that empowers you to embrace new challenges and influence change. Join a fresh and collaborative working environment that encourages contribution, innovation, and growth.
We empower great science. For more than 25 years, Miltenyi Biotec has provided innovative tools, instruments, and solutions that advance biomedical research and cellular therapy. We are 2,000 scientists, engineers, physicians, support specialists, marketers, and more – all dedicated to improving scientific understanding and impacting human lives. At our headquarters campus and offices worldwide, fresh ideas become unique products.
Miltenyi Biotec, Inc. is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity