Field Application Scientist - Bay Area
Field Application Scientist
As a member of the Miltenyi Biotec North America Instrumentation Team, you will be responsible for applications support of our flow cytometry portfolio. You will rely on your technical expertise to provide trainings for installations, demonstration support, and assay development on the MACSQuant line of instruments including the newly launched Tyto. Your excellent communication skills will come into play as you perform presales presentations, technical seminars and training for individuals and groups. In addition, you will work in tandem with the sales, marketing, and service teams to represent Miltenyi Biotec at tradeshows and product seminars. Altogether, your customer-focused understanding and superb teamwork skills will help build the continued success of Miltenyi Biotec as a whole.
• Primary field support for the MACSQuant install base providing onsite training and applications support post sale as needed
• Perform on site product demonstrations alongside Flow Cytometry Specialist coordinating activities with local TSC
• Conduct routine follow up post installation/training for existing MACSQuant™ customers
• Work collaboratively in shared accounts to support the sale of flow cytometry reagents, kits and antibodies through joint workdays with local TSC
• Create and maintain application notes for MACSQuant® install base
• Ongoing support of existing customers with MACSQuant™ technical questions as a follow up to incoming requests to Science team
• Prepare and give presentations/ seminars; answer questions and provide additional application training
• Regular use and compliance with corporate electronic account management system (CRM), documenting interactions with customers, calendar of appointments, and tracking of opportunities
• Travel domestically and internationally as required.
• Ph.D. or M.S. degree from a four-year college or university; four years’ experience in Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Molecular Biology, or a similar field
• A minimum of 3 years of flow cytometry experience; solid understanding of procedures, concepts, and lab experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, evidence of insurance / insurability and ability to receive appropriate clearance to access restricted government accounts.
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee is required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have ability to handle more than one task at a time and must work at a rapid pace while maintaining attention to detail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job is performed in a variety of facilities. Each person performing this job must have a home office environment, which is temperature controlled. This job requires the person to be mobile to visit customer sites. Due to the travel requirements, this position may be exposed to natural elements of nature.
Miltenyi Biotec is expanding and evolving. Our culture is one that empowers you to embrace new challenges and influence change. Join a fresh and collaborative working environment that encourages contribution, innovation, and growth.
We empower great science. For more than 25 years, Miltenyi Biotec has provided innovative tools, instruments, and solutions that advance biomedical research and cellular therapy. We are 2,000 scientists, engineers, physicians, support specialists, marketers, and more – all dedicated to improving scientific understanding and impacting human lives. At our headquarters campus and offices worldwide, fresh ideas become unique products.
Miltenyi Biotec, Inc. is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity