Research Associate/Senior Research Associate - Antibody Group
Research Associate/Senior Research Associate
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics is a growing South San Francisco-based immuno-oncology company focused on novel approaches to generate anti-tumor immunity. Pionyr is looking for a highly motivated and dedicated candidate for a full-time Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate position in the Antibody Generation group. The candidate will have an opportunity to play an integral role in advancing our therapeutic candidates into the clinic and supporting target discovery efforts. The individual will be responsible for performing hybridoma fusion or B-cell cloning approaches, and executing antibody screens and characterizing candidate antibodies using ELISA, flow cytometry, and other binding or functional assays.
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Hands-on cell culture to perform hybridoma fusions, hybridoma expansion and growth, and subcloning and scale-up for purification.
- Perform B-cell or hybridoma fusion screening using ELISA, flow cytometry, cell ELISA, or other binding and/or functional assays as needed.
- Antibody characterization by flow cytometry, ELISA, epitope characterization, and sequence determination.
- Analyze data and present findings in team meetings.
- Troubleshoot assays to develop optimized protocols for hybridoma generation or B-cell approaches and antibody screening assays
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in immunology, cell biology, biology or related field, with a minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience in an industrial or academic lab setting.
- Experience with cell culture.
- Experience with antibody generation using hybridoma and/or B-cell cloning approaches
- Experience with antibody binding assays including ELISA and flow cytometry.
- Experience with Biacore or Octet assays and/or functional assays is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects.
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics, Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment.
Qualified candidates may submit their cv and cover letter to email@example.com