VP Business Development
Zosano Pharma Corporation is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on providing rapid systemic administration of therapeutics to patients using our proprietary Adhesive Dermally-Applied Microarray, or ADAM, technology. In February 2017, we announced positive results from our ZOTRIP pivotal efficacy trial, or ZOTRIP trial, that evaluated M207, which is our proprietary formulation of zolmitriptan delivered via our ADAM technology, as an acute treatment for migraine. We are focused on developing products where rapid administration of established molecules with known safety and efficacy profiles provides an increased benefit to patients, for markets where patients remain underserved by existing therapies.
We take our business and our culture seriously. We believe that success in this role will be determined largely by the candidate’s fit with the select cultural competencies we espouse. Such competencies include creativity/innovation – the ability to manage change in new and effective ways; execution - acting on creative ideas with impeccable attention to detail; accountability – taking ownership for timelines, deliverables, goals, and milestones; sense of urgency – recognizing that immediate contributions impact the bottom-line; and transparency – the commitment that information sharing is essential to achieve corporate goals. These competencies are hallmarks of the Zosano culture as we seek to establish a commercially viable portfolio of products. It is our expectation that the ideal candidate will possess these cultural competencies to the degree in which he/she seeks to lead and shape our success.
We are currently seeking a Vice President of Business Development to help lead Zosano through the next stage of growth. In this highly visible leadership role, you will be responsible for driving the strategy for identifying, evaluating and developing alliance opportunities and strategic partnerships, as well as technology based in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities. This position will drive the Company’s business development initiatives and effectively build and manage internal and external relationships. You will work closely with the CEO as well as the key members of the Zosano team to guide business growth strategies.
- Develop all Business Development strategies, objectives, policies and timelines.
- Direct the strategy, development and implementation of a comprehensive business development plan, integrated with the objectives of the CEO and the rest of the management team, to include the nature, timing, and structure of alliances, including both in-licensed and out-licensed partnerships.
- Work closely with CEO and relevant business units to develop an effective strategy for new product and pipeline development.
- Develop proposals, presentations and term sheets for business prospects, oversee contract negotiations and manage the daily aspects of transactional closings with appropriate internal departments and outside legal IP counsel.
- Perform market research, analyze new market opportunities and pursue new business opportunities.
- Proactively maintain competitive intelligence analysis. Regularly share current information and assessment of new market trends and opportunities with the Senior Management Team.
- Organize, track, document and report on the status of all prospects in the business development pipeline.
- Represent and promote the Company externally through networking with industry leaders and decision makers, as well as participating in and speaking at industry conferences.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a mature business development professional with 10 plus years of Bio Pharma marketing experience.
- 10+ years of industry experience.
- PhD with relevant business development experience.
- Proven ability in developing and driving a successful Business Development strategy.
- Strong contacts in the biotech and pharma industry.
- Strong deal sheet; including ability in generating and evaluating new business prospects, building solid business relationships, and negotiating and closing deals.
- Solid ability to effectively explain and sell benefits of technology and the understanding of drug discovery and development.
- You will need to be comfortable working in a small, market-driven, entrepreneurial environment with a highly motivated Management Team and limited infrastructure.
- You need to be able to effectively interface with all levels of management, staff, and outside Company contacts, including investors, thought leaders, advisors and board members.
Zosano Pharma offers a competitive compensation & benefits program, along with all the excitement and energy you’d expect to find at a promising young company. To apply, please email your resume & cover letter. Zosano Pharma provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Zosano Pharma complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.