Associate Business Systems Consultant
Provides advice, assistance and leadership in any area associated with the strategy, architecture and technical specification of operations, logistics, and research sample management platforms for Discovery and Development Sciences organizations within R&D. Identifies and articulates business needs and develops requirements to translate those needs into practical technology solutions. Evaluates alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and makes recommendations in alignment with both the business and Information Research's tactical and strategic goals.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Has understanding of operations and logistics workflows and utilizes the knowledge of business processes to identify improvement opportunities. Supports execution of defined strategy including full ownership of some initiatives. Ensures compliance to established SLC standards.
- Works with business unit clients and business relationship managers to understand specific business processes and drivers to build a technology strategy that meets the needs of multiple constituencies; identifies and communicates resulting needs and opportunities for business process improvement that can be enabled via technology. Maintains knowledge of the capabilities of existing systems and technologies in use across the business area. Leverages this knowledge in proposing solution and roadmaps.
- Effective broker in negotiating a common solution across diverse constituencies. Possesses the ability to obtain buy-in from business owners, key stakeholders, and IR on the agreed solution. Ability to identify and escalate, as appropriate, isolated resistance that may compromise alignment to a common solution and process.
- Develops, leads, or reviews the creation of road map consistent with the current technology base and desired future-state to support the strategic requirements of multiple business areas. Leads and is actively involved in market research, demonstrating ability to evaluate software products and applicability to environment.
- Works in partnership with solution architects to determine the best technology solution and is accountable for transferring the information and knowledge to the project team for execution.
- Develops and maintains relationship with various external and internal IT service providers, vendors and R&D Information Research resources such as business system analysts and architects; demonstrates ability to work and clearly communicate with people of all levels of the organization structure.
- Identifies information required to support the business strategy and leads the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business and informatics strategies. Identifies, proposes, initiates and leads significant improvement programs across multiple business areas establishing requirements for the implementation of significant changes in business functions and processes, organizational roles and responsibilities and scope or nature of IT service. Ensures compliance between business strategies and technology directions.
- Allies with other IT functional areas to remain current on project status, and inform customer management of progress; conversely, keeps IT managers aware of user issues and resolves conflicts. Identifies the impact of any relevant statutory, internal or external regulations on the organization's use of information.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed solution(s) to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 7-10 years of related work experience.
- High degree of business acumen coupled with technical knowledge.
- Excellent relationship management, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Able to relate to a wide range of technical staff, managers and 3rd party service providers