Senior Research Associate/Cellular Biologist
The Senior Research Associate / Cellular Biologist is responsible for generation, maintenance and performance optimization of hybridoma cell culture as well as production and purification of antibodies in a Good Manufacturing Practices Environment (GMP) required in the medical diagnostic products environment. The qualified candidate will possess strong skills in sterile laboratory technique, working knowledge, expertise and skills on cell fusions to produce hybridomas, as well as hybridoma cloning; the position offers the potential to grow into a lead role in the development and manufacture of antibodies for medical diagnostics.
- Hands on expertise with cell fusions to produce hybridomas, as well as hybridoma cloning
- Knowledgeable in the state of the art processes of hybridoma generation / cloning, antibody production and purification.
- Familiar with manufacturing in a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) environment
- Highly proficient with standard laboratory calculations including molarity calculations; skilled in preparation of solutions and reagents, weighing techniques, pH adjustments and laboratory safety.
- Ability to generate manufacturing related draft documents (i.e. Manufacturing Instructions (MFIs), Equipment Procedures (EQP’s), Specification documents (SP’s) as well as Installation Qualification /Operation Qualification procedures (IQ/OQ) in alignment with supervisor’s parameters, following document change order (DCO) protocol.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of lateral flow device related manufacturing equipment after adequate training.
- Motivated to consult technical literature and ability to independently analyze data as well as willing and able to effectively communicate work progress and scientific data to peers and management.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, good proficiency in Microsoft office applications (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
Educational Background Requirements:
- 4-year degree in the biological or chemical sciences
- 4+ years of experience in a research laboratory or process development environment in the field of antibody technology