Research Associate/Senior Research Associate - Analytical & Formulations Development
Ambrx®, Inc. is an established biopharmaceutical company with a mission to deliver breakthrough protein therapeutics using an expanded genetic code. Unlike conventional conjugation techniques that create a mixture of suboptimal molecules, Ambrx technology combines site specific conjugation with proprietary linkers, payloads, and pharmacokinetic extenders to create a single molecular species that is optimized for safety, efficacy, and biophysical properties. We call this process Protein Medicinal Chemistry™.
Ambrx is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to be a key member of the Analytics and Formulations team in a fast-paced and dynamic organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing routine analysis, data compilation, interpretation and presentation of results for analytical and formulation development, characterization, and stability studies.
- Contribute to the design and conduct analytical method development experiments for complex protein biomolecules (including E. coli, yeast, CHO derived proteins/antibodies and ADC) and related impurities; preliminary qualification of these test methods for protein therapeutic candidates in pre-clinical and early-phase clinical development.
- Characterize proteins and impurities utilizing conventional analytical techniques and specialized biophysical methods to understand degradation pathways and improve protein stability.
- Write standard test methods, qualification protocols and reports, and trend stability data.
- Summarize, interpret, and critically evaluate analytical data. Present results at Group/Team meetings.
- Provide analytical support for upstream, downstream, conjugation process development, and analytical method transfer to CMOs.
- Present analytical/stability data to cross functional project teams, coordinate resources within the analytical group to meet project goals and timelines.
- Proactively identify potential problems or opportunities in the context of project teams to facilitate advancement of product candidates.
- B.S in Biochemistry, Biophysics, or related field with 4+ yrs industrial experience in protein analytical method development or MS degree with 2+ yrs industrial experience. The job title and compensation will be determined based on experience and knowledge of the candidate.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with analytical method development and routine analysis using a wide range of physicochemical characterization techniques (including but not limited to): UV/Visible spectroscopy, HPLC (SEC, RP, IEX, HIC), CE-SDS, cIEF, DSC, DLS.
- Knowledge and experience in developing and applying new technologies for complex protein molecules, excellent troubleshooting skills are required.
- Experience with protein formulation development and conducting stability studies.
- Experience with peptide mapping and LC/MS is a plus.
- Excellent organization and team spirit, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to work well across scientific disciplines.
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions. Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits. EOE