Engineer I/II - Upstream PD
- The Engineer I/II is responsible for executing a scientific plan and conducting laboratory research with moderate supervision.
- The Engineer I/II in Upstream, Process Development will report directly to the Associate Director, Upstream Process Development at the Alachua, FL headquarters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, execute, and troubleshoot experiments for the optimization of upstream process steps in flasks and bioreactors for approved research plans
- Optimize process parameters to increase virus yield from adherent & suspension cell lines
- Responsible for scale up and manufacturing of viral vectors up to 200 L in bioreactor
- Collect, analyze, record, and summarize data in the course of biologics production and processing
- Assist in maintaining laboratory supplies and equipment
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of written and electronic materials and results
- Attend designated meetings to ensure professional development
- Observe and comply with AGTC’s Employee manual
- Observe and comply with AGTC’s Safety and Quality manual
- Knowledge of laboratory safety, OSHA policies, and EPA standards
- Engineer I: B.S. with minimum 2 years or M.S. with relevant experience in bio/chemical engineering or related field.
- Engineer II: B.S with minimum 5 years and M.S with minimum 2 years of relevant experience in bio/chemical engineering or related field.
- Course work in biology, biochemistry, or engineering principles applicable to mammalian cell culture, inclusive of bioreactors
- Training in CSTR theory and demonstrable ability to apply it to experimental planning and execution
- Understanding/working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Previous management or supervisory experience not required