Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology
Vividion Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a highly-motivated Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology to contribute to the identification and development of novel small-molecule drugs.
Vividion is a next generation drug discovery company that harnesses the power of chemical proteomics to conduct proteome-wide foot printing of drug-protein interactions with unprecedented breadth and precision. Our technology allows us to screen, identify and optimize novel drugs that selectively bind virtually any protein, including proteins previously considered “undruggable”. We are directing our discovery engine towards diseases and pathways not adequately addressed by existing treatments.
As an early stage startup company, Vividion is looking for energetic and experienced candidates with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. The successful candidate will have extensive hands on experience designing and executing in vivo and in vitro target validation studies.
Experience and education requirements:
• Biology-related PhD with >2 years of experience beyond post-doctoral training. In addition to substantial In vivo hands on experience, expertise in molecular biology, cell biology, and/or signaling-related research is a plus. Biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry experience strongly preferred but not required.
• In vivo hands on experience, including dosing, blood and tissue collection, surgery, and rodent tumor model development is required. Drug discovery experience in any therapeutic area will be considered.
• IACUC experience (including ACUP authorship) and/or AAALAC experience is highly desired.
• In vitro and ex vivo experience is highly desired; including but not limited to tissue culture, flow cytometry, western blot, ELISA, and immunohistochemistry.
• Experience conducting target validation, MOA, lead optimization, and IND-enabling studies is highly desired.
• Cross-departmental coordination and experience working in a matrixed environment is desired.
• Experience ensuring quality control and accurate analysis of data provided by CROs is a desired.
• Candidates must have strong communication skills as evidenced in public presentations and/or peer reviewed literature.
• Candidates must have effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Candidates must be an effective team player, strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Vividion also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability insurance. For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job SIVP2019.04.16 to email@example.com. Vividion Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO employer.