Marketing Director, Promotions, Neulasta
We have world-class cross-functional staff across the globe including sales and marketing, regional medical liaisons, oncology nurse specialists and customer account teams to ensure our discoveries go from bench to bedside.
As the Marketing Director, Promotions, for Neulasta - a high profile franchise in the US Oncology Business Unit (USOBU) at Amgen - you will bring to this role a successful track record in marketing, business acumen, leading teams, working cross-functionally, mobilizing an organization, and managing advertising agencies. You will be responsible for contributing to Neulasta's performance by helping formulate brand strategy, corresponding tactics, and strategically allocating resources across the marketing mix to achieve brand goals. You will be an instrumental part in driving innovative ways to compete in a rapidly evolving and extremely competitive oncology marketplace. You will also be a key part of continuing to evolve the US OBU culture as we strive to innovate, be curious, and continue to serve oncology customers and patients.
• Maximize the opportunity for Neulasta to ensure that all financial (sales projections, market share, etc.) and non-financial (brand management, staff development) goals are met.
• Develop strategic plan with team members (to include critical success factors, behavioral objectives, and tactics with required budget and resources) based on deep understanding of customers, marketplace, competitors, and business drivers.
• Partner with internal staff and sales leadership to ensure activities are aligned to brand goals, growth drivers, and key messages (compliant with MAC guidance) and hold partners accountable.
• Oversee the implementation of the promotional plan to ensure marketing initiatives and messages appropriately drive utilization and differentiation in a competitive environment
• Lead implementation of new MAC process for Neulasta and provide direct oversight of MAC meetings.
• Develop innovative personal and non-personal vehicles to maximize message delivery.
• Lead semi-annual sales meeting planning for Neulasta marketing team; work with Sales and Sales Training to effectively implement promotional tactics with sales force.
• Collaborate with Sales Training on the development of sales training materials and sales training plan.
• Effectively manage and develop a small team of marketing professionals.
• Effectively develop and manage the strategic investment of the promotional budget including resources (budget, talent) and vendor management (performance of ad agency and other promotional agencies).
• Effectively negotiate to gain resources despite constraints.
• Doctorate degree and 4 years of Marketing experience
• Master's degree and 6 years of Marketing experience
• Bachelor's degree and 8 years of Marketing experience
• 10+ years of biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience with strong marketing & management skills including developing market strategies (segmentation, positioning, key messages, etc.), executing tactics, and responsibility for revenue generation.
• Oncology experience (knowledge of the oncology market, HCPs-especially opinion leaders, payors, patients, and large academic hospitals) is preferred, but not required.
• Successful HCP marketing experience.
• Ability to understand, interpret and communicate commercial and competitive implications of complex technical/clinical/ regulatory data.
• Ability to work confidently in a cross-functional team (e.g., Medical, Medical Communication, Regulatory, Legal, DTC, and Reimbursement Marketing) and build effective internal partnerships.
• Thorough knowledge of and experience in working with the promotions legal/regulatory environment including first hand MAC experience and knowledge of Compliance SOPs.
• Strong leadership skills, including ability influence teams with diverse backgrounds.
• Strong competitive mindset, including the ability to champion ideas, make decisions and focus on results
• Excellent written, analytical and oral communication skills.
• Strong business judgment and emotional intelligence; strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
• Lead a team of marketers through consistent coaching and counseling.
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients - we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.