Director, Field Access & Reimbursement - North
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The Director, Field Access Immunology will be responsible for hiring, managing and leading the access field team in a specified geographic region at Regeneron. The Director will recruit, lead, coach and manage 4 District Managers responsible for hiring, leading, coaching and managing a team of 40 Field Access Specialists. These teams will be responsible for ensuring optimal access, effective pull-through, reimbursement services and program support in collaboration with the Dupixent HUB services organization.
Key responsibilities are:
• Work with the Sales and Access leadership teams within REGN and Sanofi/Genzyme counterparts to lead Regional and local strategy for payer and provider access
• Develop and Execute Strategic tactical plan for execution of all Dupixent access initiatives and relevant to defined needs in each respective customer market.
• Lead all field payer and access activities supporting Dupixent.
• Establish measurable performance parameters and monitor performance against these agreed parameters
• Establish expectations for working closely with Collaboration partners as appropriate; REGN and Sanofi/Genzyme RDs, DSMs in assigned region as well as across the nation, Marketing, Access and Market Access Home office personnel at REGN and Sanofi/Genzyme, additional Sanofi/Genzyme counterparts as defined and their National/Regional Account Managers to ensure optimal coverage and knowledge of coverage and services for Dupixent within the defined customer base
• Assist in providing insight in the development of Market Access marketing support materials.
• Ensure access team has the required knowledge to ensure that REGN access personnel are seen as the most knowledgeable team in the industry as it pertains to access and pull-through.
• Ensure Direct reports and teams have the knowledge to clinically differentiate product through effective on-going training coordinated with REGN training team
• Ensure alignment and high proactive levels of communication and collaboration with all account resources; MS, FAM, NAM, etc...
• Develop and provide concise career development programs to ensure field team has appropriate guidance and direction to execute and achieve their professional goals. This development program should form the basis for future career opportunities within the Regeneron Commercial Organization.
• Ensure that all teams are trained to fully support all access and patient/payer support programs offered by the HUB and that customers see the REGN programs as the best in the industry
• Develop and execute annual budget with allocation for team members and ensure the team stay within financial budget
• Minimum 5 years experience managing a field based account team
• Strong collaboration skills
• Strong background in Leadership and knowledge of market access including Account Management.
• Previous successful track record with Sales Leadership Preferred (TK)
• Ability to function within an organization with evolving organizational structure, lead and influence cross functionally within various Regeneron departments and across the collaboration with Sanofi/Genzyme at multiple levels
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, leadership and coaching skills
• Knowledge of CMS policies and processes with expertise in Part B & D (Medical/Pharmacy Benefit design and coverage policy)
• In-depth knowledge of Managed Care, Government, and Federal payer sectors
• Knowledge and experience working with Specialty Pharmacy
• Knowledge of Integrated Delivery Network/Integrated Health Systems
• Strong strategic planning skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to rapidly assimilate information and a fast paced environment
• Ability to multi-task among a number of high value tasks within REGN and Sanofi/Genzyme when necessary and manage to agreed timelines
• Ability to develop and maximize relationships with multiple levels across the organization and the collaboration
Minimum of 10 years experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
• Minimum 5 years experience with Specialty Pharmaceuticals / Biologics
• 3 years experience managing field reimbursement programs preferred
• At least 5 years of successful sales management experience also preferred
• Additional broad based experience valued: sales operations, National/Regional account, sales training, marketing, and/or sales management, and/or supply chain
• Previous experience in launching new Specialty Pharmaceutical/ Biologics products or indications
• Individual must be able to travel extensively in the United States
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.