Technical Support Associate
By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated scientist to provide world-class technical support for digital imaging systems and revolutionary protein analysis instrumentation. The ideal candidate will be a key member of a team responsible for supporting customers and should be both an experienced bench level scientist/application scientist with a strong background in proteomics/immunoassays and an experienced customer support specialist.
Position requires availability from 7 am to 4 pm Pacific Standard Time.
- Analyze and evaluate customer issues, troubleshoot and respond to the customer with the appropriate solution.
- Answers incoming customer inquiries by phone, email, and Live-Chat on product techniques and procedures. Performs simple trouble-shooting. Communicate with customers to obtain all pertinent information relating to inquiry. Documents issues clearly in a customer management database and communicate with other team members to quickly problem solve and efficiently close cases.
- Assist with the development of new products.
- Train colleagues on instrumentation and applications.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Proven customer-oriented skills in technical support and problem solving.
- Hands on experience performing Western blots, immunoassays and ELISA.
- Knowledge of life science methods and applications
- Succinct decision-making skills. Ability to analyze situations, gather information, and make decisions
- Excellent time management, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to customers.
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed teammates and organizations.
- Ability and willingness travel up to 10% domestically.
- Ability to prepare samples, run instrumentation and analyze resulting data.
- 3+ years of experience in a life science field.
- Minimum requirement of Bachelor of Science degree in a scientific field.
San Jose - San Jose, CA