Senior Scientist, Single B Cell Technology (36)
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Scientist to join the lead discovery effort within the biologics department in Redwood City, CA. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact within a department that is driving biologics therapeutics at BMS. In this role the scientist is expected to develop, improve and champion a single B cell cloning platform to expand the delivery of high quality lead antibody molecules.
- Contribute to the development and optimization of an existing single B cell platform within the Antibody Generation department. Expand the scope of application of single B cell and harmonize it with associated supporting platforms.
- Fully integrate the single B cell cloning protocol into lead generation pipelines.
- Be a champion in the lead discovery process and collaborate with therapeutic area leaders to progress project pipelines.
- Stay informed and contribute to the vision in the technology development space especially in immune cell biology and single cell analytics.
- Excellent written and oral skills are necessary
- Ph.D. in immunology or related major with 4+ years industry experience.
- Hands on experience in FACS using BD and/or Sony systems is required.
- Target-centric Bcell sorting or selection experience is required.
- In-depth knowledge of B/T cell biology and humoral and cell mediated immune responses.
- Proficiency in cell biology techniques including cell culture is required
- Familiarity in molecular biology techniques including NGS is preferred.
- Past experience developing therapeutics against membrane targets including GPCRs is a plus.
- Highly innovative and self-motivated.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary biologics discovery team.