Senior Associate Semantic Technologies Engineer
Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN), a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
The Senior Associate Semantic Technologies Engineer will be part of the Enterprise Engineering and Analytics (EEA) organization and will be accountable for solution delivery and adoption of Amgen's Reference Data Platform and Semantic technologies. This role is based in Thousand Oaks, CA. This role will be responsible for partnering with the business on creation of vocabularies/ taxonomies/ontologies, promoting the use of the reference data platform, system ownership of the reference data platform, and developing analytic solutions using semantic technologies.
• Work with Reference data product team to establish, develop, implement, and maintain guidelines and procedures for consistent and quality tag management and content organization.
• Work with Business and Client IS to model and develop vocabularies /taxonomies/ ontologies for specific applications and use cases.
• Work with Business and Client IS to help gather requirements and develop analytic applications using taxonomies (e.g. content stores, Amgen websites etc).
• Manage one or more projects within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost, to deliver specified requirements.
• Ensure reference data platform documentation in TechHub is kept up to date.
• Develop data ingestion and transformation using Python or similar technologies.
• Expand the use of Reference Data Hub to enable consumption of taxonomies in Semaphore.
• Take on system ownership of the reference data platform and reference data hub.
• Develop training, roadshow materials, and outreach events to increase the adoption of reference data platform.
• Master's degree
• Bachelor's degree & 2 years of Information Systems experience
• Associate's degree & 6 years of Information Systems experience
• High school diploma / GED & 8 years of Information Systems experience
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Information Management or related field
- Familiarity with the concepts of taxonomy / ontology / metadata.
- Experience using Python or similar tools for data extraction, transformation and loading.
- Experience writing SQL and SPARQL queries.
- Awareness and/or experience with open source terminology management platforms (e.g. Protégé )
- Familiarity with RDF triples.
- Ability to programmatically utilize software interfaces (APIs).
- Knowledge about classification technologies for document management systems.
- Experience using Semaphore a plus.
- Implementation of search using taxonomies is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly pick up Amgen's business process development best practices, change management.
- Understanding of systems for content sharing and collaboration.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Life Science Experience:
- Background in healthcare and/or clinical sciences and/or life sciences a plus.