Marketing Sr Mgr, Nplate Strategic Growth and Promotions
The Senior Marketing Manager of Nplate Strategic Growth and Promotions will lead a wide range of strategic, analytical and promotional executional efforts to grow to in line indications and prepare for lifecycle management events. Nplate is currently indicated for chronic immune thrombocytopenia - a rare hematologic disorder.
The primary focus for this position is to develop programs and initiatives that have potential to deliver meaningful incremental brand growth. This is inclusive of personal and non-personal tactical programs to help healthcare providers and patients understand the value of Nplate in approved patients. Other pioneering areas include conceptualizing and executing growth initiatives by harnessing available data, sales force and cross functional input. Other responsibilities include sales force interaction and field communication, sales force training initiatives, and shaping and leading life cycle management go to market strategy and execution.
If you are looking to push yourself to courageously think and see strategy all the way through execution this may be a role for you. This position will report to the Commercial Director for Nplate and be a part of overall brand leadership team. The Amgen Oncology team is committed to advancing oncology at the speed of life. Join us in Amgen's ongoing commitment to serve hematology and oncology patients.
Developing healthcare provider and patient promotional campaigns, messages, programs and sales tools for inline and lifecycle management opportunities
Coordinating the work of multiple external vendors and internal departments including marketing, market research, legal, regulatory, medical affairs, segment marketing, corporate compliance, consumer marketing and IS.
Ensure that Budget management is a priority with all projects/budgets within approved limits
Leading projects through the legal, regulatory, and medical review process.
Managing program budgets and developing metrics to ensure success of the promotional programs.
Helping to guide strategic decisions and ensuring flawless execution of promotional campaigns and programs for Oncology healthcare providers.
Engage consistently with the sales force to ensure the creation and execution of high impact, high value marketing resources that drive the appropriate use of Nplate
Collaborate with sales training to ensure effective, impactful, world class training on promotional tools and programs.
Coordinates and drives market research planning
Up to 25% Domestic travel
• Doctorate degree and 2 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
• Master's degree and 4 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
• Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
• Associate's Degree and 10 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
• High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
- MBA or relevant graduate degree in marketing, healthcare management, or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in developing, executing, and measuring marketing campaigns for specialty products.
- Marketing research, training and sales/sales management experience is also valued and considered.
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility within sales, marketing, and/or commercial strategy and analytics.
- Experience in oncology, hematology/oncology, or other specialty markets (clinical acumen is fundamental to the success of this role).
- Demonstrated analytical skills, familiarity with the uses and limitations of relevant biopharmaceutical data sources and analysis techniques, and the ability to think strategically and solve problems.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally to drive business results in a heavy matrix, fast-paced environment.
- Strong leadership and ability to drive influence across stakeholders to set direction, align work efforts, and ensure flawless execution.
- Experience working closely with field sales organizations to implement marketing programs with measurable business impact.
- Outstanding project management skills and experience managing multiple vendors and agency partners.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities.
- Strong understanding of legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions, pharma industry guidelines, and other compliance-related issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills