Senior Director, Statistical Innovation
The Senior Director, Statistical Innovation Heads the Statistical Innovation group responsible for evaluating, developing and deploying advanced and novel statistical/analytical methodology and associated tools in Clinical Development. This leader proactively drives Development forward by providing strategic methodological and operational solutions to abbvie's most challenging problems. A highly empowered and collaborative role, the Head of Statistical Innovation partners with statistical, clinical, and regulatory experts to broadly impact the portfolio by creating new ways to advance medicines to patients.
Key Responsibilities Include :
- Set the vision for Statistical Innovation at abbvie through building and maintaining a best-in-class organization
- Serve as the architect and custodian of the abbvie global statistical guidance library codifying abbvies best thinking on statistical and Development topics and abbvie's response to a changing regulatory landscape
- Oversee framework and operations and objectives of abbvie statistical scientific working groups
- Deploy modeling and simulation capabilities and activities in support of drug development scenario planning and program optimization. Lead the discussion on modeling and simulation application and maximize the value of associated techniques
- Provide consulting for statisticians and clinical teams.
- Partner with the abbvie Development Design Center to optimize clinical trial study designs and programs. Inform DDC evaluations via modeling and simulation and other methodology as appropriate
- Serve as a leading representative engaging on external industry challenges like AI/machine/deep learning applications, advanced analytics and complex innovative designs. Represent abbvie externally on advanced and emerging topics.
- Educate abbvie statisticians and clinicians on emerging or existing advanced statistical methodology. Organize abbvie statistical advisory boards with external experts. Explain complex methodological concepts to Senior R&D leaders. Drive change through influence, negotiation and collaboration
- Create tools (e.g., R-shiny, SAS, R etc.) and platforms that operationalize key methodology making diverse approaches available to study teams
- Lead external academic engagements including abbvie visiting scholars program
- PhD in statistics or related field with 12+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology field
- Experience developing and leading high performing teams
- Demonstrated expertise in advanced statistical methods (e.g. Adaptive designs, Bayesian methods, multiplicity, subgroup identification/data mining, predictive modeling etc.).
- Functional knowledge of machine learning/AI and Big Data.
- Experience in Modeling and Simulation in support of drug development programs
- Ability to communicate with clarity and influence to drive change and innovation.
- Demonstrated external presence via activities within the statistical/drug development community and publication record.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled