Scientist, Mass Spectrometry
Amunix Pharmaceuticals Inc. is seeking a highly motivated scientist to join our Research and Discovery group. The candidate will conduct independent bench work to support ongoing research projects. He/She will design, develop and implement MS-based assays and workflows for characterization of therapeutic proteins, identification and quantitation of proteins in biological samples, quantitative proteomics. He/She should possess excellent protein mass spectrometry skills, as well as experience with software packages used for data analysis.
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Protein Chemistry, or MS with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Strong scientific background in mass spectrometry and protein chemistry
- Hands-on experience operating Q Exactive Hybrid Quadrupole-Orbitrap Mass Spectrometer is highly desirable. Knowledge of other mass spectrometry platforms (Q-TOF, QQQ, MALDI-TOF) is a plus.
- Experience with mass spectrometry of proteins and peptides, including peptide mapping, post-translational modifications, intact protein characterization, quantitative proteomics (labeled and label-free).
- Understanding of protein purification, cellular fractionation and biological sample processing methods is a plus
- The ability to manage multiple projects in parallel, communicate clearly and effectively and build open and collaborative relationships is essential
- Strong interpersonal aptitude and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Physical ability to lift up to 40 lbs and work at the lab bench for extended periods of time
We are a biopharmaceutical company developing highly innovative biotherapeutics with best-in-class therapeutic index. Amunix products are based on our ProTIA (Protease Triggered Immune Activator) and XTEN protein polymer platforms. In addition to our internal pipeline, we maintain active collaborations with many top tier pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies (Roche, Celgene, Genentech, Bioverativ/Sanofi). As employee, you will be able to:
- Participate in the discovery of potentially life-saving pharmaceuticals
- Work in a highly collaborative and motivating working environment
- Receive a comprehensive benefits package, including Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term/Long Term Disability, matching 401(k) plans and Receive competitive compensation based on candidate experience
Amunix is located in Mt. View, California. Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.