Oncology Senior Scientist
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 and was purposely designed to create a better, more efficient drug discovery platform, establish a new innovation-centered business model, and maximize the value of every medicine created and get it to the people who need it most as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
With the RNA molecule as the basis of our novel drug discovery platform, we are targeting an unprecedented range of therapeutic areas. Our antisense therapies are disrupting diseases and changing their course—from the rarest of conditions, to those that impact millions of people. We currently have three commercial products and more than 40 potentially transformative medicines in our pipeline designed to treat a broad range of diseases.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
ONCOLOGY SENIOR SCIENTIST
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated individual for the position of Senior Scientist in our Oncology Drug Discovery group. The successful candidate will be a strategic member of a fast-paced and interactive research group evaluating novel antisense cancer drugs.
- Conception, planning, design, execution and troubleshooting of experiments to support preclinical validation of antisense compounds and their transition into clinical development
- Evaluation and characterization of pharmacological responses to antisense compounds in various in vitro and in vivo cancer systems
- Application of different genetic, molecular biology and biochemical tools to evaluate oncogenic pathways modulation and study mechanisms of drug action
- Other duties as assigned
- PhD in Molecular or Cell Biology
- Completion of an oncology Post Doc program of at least 2 years
- Attractive track record of innovative oncology research demonstrated by number of publications in peer-reviewed journals based on authorship order
- In-depth knowledge of molecular and cellular biology of cancer is essential
- Experience with animal handling is required
- Experience with in vivo oncology models (GEMMs, chemically-induced, xenografts and PDX models) is highly desirable
- Extensive knowledge in tumor microenvironment and proficiency in FACS
- Experience in analyzing genomic data
- Proactive scientist who can function both as an independent researcher as well as member within multi-disciplinary teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and GraphPad
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Proven interpersonal skills as well as strong oral and written communication skills
- An ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis please visit our website, www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #19-0066
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.