Computer Forensic Security Engineer
Amgen is seeking a Senior Associate IS Security Engineer, also known as a Computer Forensic Security Engineer (CFSE), at its headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA to join the Global Information Protection (GIP) team. The Senior Associate will report to the Senior Manager of Information Security.
The Senior Associate IS Security Engineer will support eDiscovery, Digital Forensic Investigations and Cyber Incident Response. The Incumbent will also work with various stakeholders in the Law department and Human Resources to perform a variety of eDiscovery and computer forensic services including data acquisition, digital evidence preservation, ESI processing, forensic analysis and data recovery.
Global Information Protection (GIP) enables the organization to protect its information and data. The team is committed to protecting Amgen's ability to innovate and serve patients.
Key Responsibilities of the Security Engineer include:
- Follows company policy and procedures on the use of forensic tools, capabilities and logging activities
- Provides efficient and high-quality eDiscovery and Computer Forensic services, consult and facilitate discussions on eDiscovery strategies and Analyze/Summarize complex data or processes into business language
- Manages and maintains a list of eDiscovery / investigation activities and provide on-going status, capture corrective and preventive actions plans as a result of investigative discovery and adequately communicate with all key stakeholders to ensure both confidentiality of information and expedient evidence collection
- Utilizes company-owned forensic tools (EnCase, FTK, O365, Cellebrite, etc.) in the course of daily activities and follow forensically sound practices, including preserving chain of custody
- Consults with Legal, Privacy and Human Resource teams on privacy, policy and compliance concerns
- Identifies, collects, preserves and analyzes electronically stored information (ESI) relevant to a case, incident or event of interest and establish timelines/patterns of activity of individuals, electronic devices and events
- Develops, implements, and sustains operational scripts, data structures, libraries and programming code that optimize security in emergent compute patterns with diverse applications throughout the global environment.
- Analyzes, designs, develops and operates programs, shell scripts, tests, and infrastructure automation capabilities in an advanced security context.
- Collaborates cross-functionally with analysts, engineers, data scientists to achieve continuous improvement in cyber defense/resilience.
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of Information Security experience
Associate's degree and 6 years of Information Security experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Information Security experience
- GCFA, GCFE, EnCE, ACE certifications
- Highest ethical standards with the ability to thrive in high stress situations
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative and ability to work well independently
- Effective working with virtual teams and must be a positive team player
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to think conceptually
- Willing to perform routine tasks and be flexible to meet critical deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, responsiveness, and attention to detail
- DevOps experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment, build and test automation technologies like ansible, chef, puppet, docker, jenkins, etc.
- Experience programming in compiled (C, C++) and interpreted languages (Python, Ruby etc.).
- Skilled programmer with sufficient experience in high level programming languages such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Visual Basic
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.