Process Development Engineer ~ Aprinnova / Amyris
The Process Development Engineer, located in Leland, NC, is responsible for improving industrial processes in order to improve productivity and efficiency; reduce production costs, improve sustainability and maximize profitability.
- Provide and maintain a safe work environment by participating in safety programs, committees, conducting safety audits, and complying with all plant safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Follow all company policies and procedures pertaining to ISO 22716—Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) guidelines for cosmetics.
- Develop, configure and optimize industrial processes from inception through to start up and
- Assess processes, take measurements and interpret data
- Design, run, test and upgrade systems and processes
- Analyze data from production runs to determine opportunities for process improvement
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
- Perform process simulations
- Manage cost and time constraints
- Perform risk assessments
- Provide process documentation, PDF and P &IDs and operating instructions
- Handle small scale capital projects (meet time and budget requirements)
- Write, review and approve necessary SOPs
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of proven work experience in process engineering in Chemical Plant
- Excellent technical skills
- Knowledge of process related standards
- Experience in process simulations
- Working knowledge of process engineering software packages
- CAD or AutoCAD skills
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations
- Analytical thinker with interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Embrace Amyris Core Values
- Adherence to Amyris Safety Policies and Procedures
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb, bend and stoop; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. While working in this job the employee is frequently exposed to weather conditions including occasional extreme heat and cold. Must possess the ability to wear a respirator.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
For a full list of our current openings, please visit our website <http://www.amyris.com>.