Senior Research Associate / Scientist – Antibody Engineering
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical stage biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of seven drug candidates in various stages of development targeting liver, metabolic and ophthalmic diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, NGM282, is entering Phase 2b clinical studies in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, which was extended to March 2022, will continue to provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
We are recruiting a motivated scientist to join our Antibody Engineering group.
- Design and execute display library strategies to discover or optimize therapeutic antibodies or derivatives
- Optimize therapeutic antibodies through humanization, affinity maturation and manufacturability engineering
- Characterize antibody leads using biochemical and cell-based assays
- Perform data analysis and documentation
- Present concepts, experimental results, conclusions, and future plans clearly in group meeting and project team meeting
- MS/BS in biochemistry, molecular biology, or related discipline with minimum 8 years of direct experiences in antibody engineering
- PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, or related discipline with no prior industrial experience will be considered
- Prior hands-on experience with phage display technology is a must
- Experience with standard cell and molecular biology techniques (molecular cloning, RNA isolation, mutagenesis, sequencing analysis, ELISA, FACS, transient transfection of mammalian cells)
- Experience with antibody repertoire analysis using NGS is a plus
- Experience with structural biology, protein-modeling guided design is a plus
- Ability to work independently from experimental design, execution, data analysis, and trouble-shooting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent team working skills
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply"