Scientist/Senior Scientist - Pharmacokinetics & Pharmacodynamics
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical stage biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of seven drug candidates in various stages of development targeting liver, metabolic and ophthalmic diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, NGM282, is entering Phase 2b clinical studies in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, which was extended to March 2022, will continue to provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
- Responsible for the design and data analysis/interpretation of pharmacokinetic (PK), toxicokinetic and pharmacodynamics (PD) aspects of preclinical and clinical studies
- Represent PKPD on cross-functional research and early development project teams to support drug candidate nominations and IND-enabling studies
- Interpret preclinical PK data to inform human dose projections
- Investigate the PKPD relationships of novel drug candidates by conducting or being accountable for PKPD modeling activities
- Write scientific reports and prepare documents for PKPD-related sections in Investigator Brochures, study reports, manuscripts, summaries for regulatory authorities, INDs and BLAs
- Participate and present PKPD findings in project team meetings
- MS or PhD degree in pharmaceutics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacology, or related discipline
- 3-8 years in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry in the area of preclinical drug discovery and/or development (level commensurate with experience)
- Experience in the conduct, analysis and interpretation of in vivo preclinical pharmacokinetic studies
- Experience with large molecule (proteins and monoclonal antibody) pharmacokinetics and drug development
- Experience with PKPD model development and human dose projections preferred
- Must be detail-oriented with strong documentation and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in a matrix environment and develop relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to efficiently relay information to project teams and other key stakeholders
- Strong research background and interest in understanding PK data in the context of complex biology
- Proven ability to work independently and be self-motivated
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click 'Apply'