Process Development Associate Scientist
Amgen is seeking an Associate Scientist responsible for all aspects of production cell line development in support of advancing the Amgen pre-clinical pipeline as a member of the Drug Substance Process Development organization. We are particularly interest in applicants with strong molecular biology experience and knowledge of a wide variety of molecular cloning techniques. You will design and optimize vectors to promote desired expression characteristics in mammalian cell culture (i.e. high expression, stable productivity, appropriate stoichiometry).
- Analyze and interpret data, maintain laboratory notebooks, and generate written reports
- Generate meaningful data towards authoring of regulatory submissions, publications, and patent applications
- Communicate project updates, work on complex technical problems, participate and present scientific data in meetings
- Evaluate and develop innovative technologies to improve expression, accelerate timelines, and improve efficiency.
- Work closely in a team environment, collaborating with various colleagues in process development, discovery, and collaborate with regulatory and quality authorities to author global regulatory filings.
Master's degree in Biological Sciences, Molecular Biology, Biochemical Engineering or related life science discipline AND 2 years of experience
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of industry experience
- MS with 2 years of experience, or BS with 4-6 years of industry experience
- Molecular biology expertise with an emphasis on DNA cloning and vector construction is highly desired.
- Previous hands on experience in cell culture with a focus on mammalian cell recombinant protein production
- Strong scientific understanding of recombinant protein expression, as well as the ability to explore and develop new, technologies and approaches
- Strong interpersonal skills and a leadership mindset. Proficiency delivering oral presentations to diverse audiences.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, flexibility, and a positive attitude
- Proficiency using collaboration, statistical and data visualization software.
- Advanced scientific/technical reading/writing skills, advanced scientific analysis skills, ability to collaborate and work in team environment.
Amgen is an equal opportunity employer.