Research Associate, Biology
Wave Life Sciences USA seeks a highly motivated biologist to join its research team in Cambridge, Massachusetts. This is an ideal position for an individual who is interested in learning cutting edge technologies and who thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and cross-disciplinary biotech environment. The candidate will be responsible for designing, executing and analyzing experiments as a member of team focused on advancing therapeutic programs and discovery research platforms. This candidate will contribute to all levels of in vitro and in vivo discovery research to support development of optimized nucleic acid therapies in multiple disease areas. Prior experience in animal handling and tissue processing are preferred.
- Experience in cell and molecular biology, including molecular cloning, mRNA quantitation by qPCR, protein quantification by ELISA or western blot, mechanism of action study, efficacy and PK/PD studies. Some experiences with NGS is a plus.
- Competent at analysis and interpretation of data from molecular pharmacology studies.
- Outstanding aptitude for experimental design and execution, efficient assay development and creative problem solving.
- Capacity to be highly productive in a fluid and fast-paced work environment
- Committed and collaborative team player
Education and Experience:
- BS, MS or PhD degree in biology, biochemistry, cellular and molecular biology or related discipline with 0-3 years of post-graduate biology research experience in an academic or industry (biotech or pharma) environment.
- A strong work ethic and high-level motivation are required.
- The individual should be able to function in a timeline-driven, dynamic environment, and be able to follow instructions in SOPs and rapidly adapt to new techniques and protocols.
- Hands on experiences with muscle, CNS and hepatic disease animal models preferred.
- Prior knowledge of bioanalytical method development for drug development is preferred.