Associate Director, Operational Excellence
Within Operations, the Operational Excellence Associate Director acts as the business lead for several key strategic projects; this role leads a diverse, cross-functional team of experts without direct authority. The role has accountability to work across functional and geographic boundaries and manage professionals of different experience levels and from diverse technical backgrounds to deliver business solutions to complex problems. The solutions defined will be translated to business process updates, technical process and system design, and roles and responsibilities of individuals in the Organization. Develop and implement use of effective tools and methodologies for evaluating, executing, managing and closing out projects across the network.
Key Responsibilities Includes :
- Works with Functional Leadership teams to identify business opportunities; expertly manages stakeholder expectations and scope of projects
- Manages and coaches Implementation Teams; drives completion of projects to achieve outcomes short and long term
- Links strategic objectives to the work; guides the team to develop solutions that build future capabilities
- Aligns with HR early in the process to anticipate changes to the organization and prepare for successful, timely implementation
- Develop and provide forum for internal and external benchmarking, and sharing of best practices in continuous improvement.
- Synthesize experiences and approaches from multiple disciplines and functions to discover best problem solutions in total business context.
- Applies Technology in innovative was to anticipate or address customer needs. Employs proven solutions to increase effectiveness.
- Evaluates strategic risks of business alternatives, recommends actions and develops strategies to cope with various cenarios.
- Proven management experience (variety of AbbVie functions)
- Business and financial acumen; understands AbbVie's financial processes, identifying and delivering return on investment, etc.
- Senior stakeholder management: effective in influencing senior leaders and strategic action
- Leads effectively through ambiguity; creates structure and alignment with limited direction
- BS/BA in related business discipline
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled