Associate Director, External Collaborations
Describe the primary goals, objectives or functions or outputs of this position.
Advance the Oncology pipeline by identifying potential combinations of AbbVie late-stage assets with emerging (and anticipated) standard of care and partner with TLC to execute select collaborations. Serve as the lead for the matrix organization comprised of internal stakeholders (CST, Translational Biology, TLC, Legal, Medical Affairs, and others) to understand business needs and develop strategy framework. Support certain transactional aspects of partnership agreements by working closely and effectively with TLC, primarily on protocols and budgets.
- Work with CST lead (or designate) and post-POC Translational Biology team to identify program development gaps, map out partnering options for a specific asset, and present recommendations.
- Together with TLC and Legal, develop a coherent and effective contracting strategy in order to implement TA partnering recommendations
- Serve as primary point of contact for clinical protocols and other scientific discussions with partners
- Coordinate assessment of the external asset and the available scientific information (e.g., pre-clinical data, investigator's brochure, etc.) with CST, Safety, etc. and put forward preliminary development plan.
- Work with TLC to coordinate necessary discussions with external partners to address study design and conduct, and other relevant questions.
- Develop a project tracking tool and provide regular and timely updates to TA.
- Together with CST and Clinical Operations team develop required budget.
- Support TLC and Legal, as requested, in review of term sheets and/or major terms and developing negotiation strategies.
- F ollowing contract execution, support study/protocol related interactions with collaboration partner.(if not supported by Alliance Management). Keep TLC abreast of any alliance issues and bring contractual considerations to TLC as they arise.
- Support strategic academic collaborations (research proposal review and funding, annual scientific symposia, quarterly clinical spend reports).
- Bachelor's degree in the sciences; advanced degree (e.g., MS, PhD) preferred.
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience with at least 3 years of clinical trial experience in the pharmaceutical industry, academia, or equivalent.
- Ability to interact externally and internally to support a global clinical and partnering strategy.
- Ability to provide input and direction to internal stakeholders with appropriate supervision.
- Strong desire to collaborate in a cross-functional setting with ability to perform and bring out the best in others.
- Knowledge of clinical trial methodology, and experience in development of clinical strategy and the design of study protocols
- Must possess excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing complex processes and high impact projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate key information to senior management.
- Ability to appropriately and effectively use resources to complete tasks and meet required timelines.
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.