Scientist, Molecular Simulations
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company.
Business Address: 540, 1385 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V6H 3V9
About the Position
Zymeworks is looking for a highly motivated Scientist, Molecular Simulations who has interest in building comprehensive computational protein modeling and data analytics platforms for use in biologics engineering and drug discovery. Our Scientists have opportunities to impact the entire computational method development process, from devising the algorithms, through coding the implementation, to direct application in biologic modeling and design, along with pushing the boundaries of computational protein modeling.
This is a permanent, full-time position located in Vancouver, BC, with a base salary of $86,000 to $105,000 per annum, and will report to the Vice President, Technology.
- Develops, validates, and documents software that implements protein modeling and optimization methods
- Develops and applies data analysis, data mining, and machine learning methods for protein engineering
- Works closely with protein engineers and translation scientists to recognize opportunities and development areas for computational techniques in the drug design and discovery process
- Collaborates with protein engineering and therapeutic development teams to effectively apply protein modeling and data analysis software for therapeutic design optimization
- Collaborates with external industrial and academic partners
- Attends conferences and participate in the preparation of patents and publications
Qualifications & Experience
- A Ph.D. in Physics, Chemistry, Applied Math, Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years’ related experience (may include post-doctoral experience)
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Method development experience in any of the following areas: Fragment assembly, homology modeling, or other protein structure prediction techniques, force field/potential development, protein structure optimization, antibody modeling
- Experience developing and applying MD/MC based enhanced sampling techniques (ie REMD, simulated tempering, metadynamics, multi-scale modeling etc.) in the context of protein modeling
- Proficient in at least one of C, C++, Java, or Fortran, and proficient in a scripting language (eg Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Highly motivated with an exceptional interest in the development and application of modeling, data mining, and simulation methods for drug discovery
- Strong background in protein science and biochemistry
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Optimizing numerically intensive code
- Implementing and applying machine learning methods to protein modeling problems. Areas of interest include: clustering methods and other unsupervised learning techniques (e.g. SOMs, kernel PCA, Gaussian mixture models), regression and classification methods (e.g. Random forests, Gaussian process regression)
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance. Our comprehensive compensation package includes, but not limited to, participation in the Company’s Variable Incentive Program, Stock Option Plan and RRSP program (5.5% matching); 15 days’ vacation plus year-end holiday closure, extended health and dental coverage, LTD and STD; fitness reimbursement plan; coverage of parking or monthly transit pass costs; paid volunteer time-off; reimbursement of membership fees in professional organizations; professional training and development; and other fringe benefit plans. The company will assist with relocation expenses, as required.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume via:
• Website: www.zymeworks.com; or
• Email: tonya.wagenaar@zymeworks; or
ATTN: Tonya Wagenaar
540, 1385 West 8th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6H 3V9
Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.