Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring cellular turnover as a surprising and important driver of disease. Turnover is a fundamental feature of every cell in the human body, occurring more than 30 billion times per hour. However, this process often goes awry in disease. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating cellular turnover for the treatment of cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an institute dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Inzen Therapeutics offers the challenge and opportunity to work at a big concept biotechnology company. We are seeking Research Associates to join the team to develop and advance our research programs, from early discovery to proof-of-concept and beyond. We are searching for enthusiastic, innovative, and highly motivated individuals with a passion for pursuing innovative science aimed at bringing novel medicines to patients. Successful candidates should be scientifically motivated self-starters, comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and capable of working independently in conducting and critically analyzing biology experiments.
- Perform in vitro experiments, data analysis and report results to scientific team.
- Assist in the design of experimental assays, appropriate model systems, and in vitro studies.
- Manage day to day operations in the laboratory, including purchasing and relations with external vendors and contract research organizations.
- M.S./M.A. in molecular biology or a related field with 3+ years work experience, or B.S./B.A. with 5+ years of work experience in a relevant field.
- Experience working under BL2 and BL2+ conditions.
- Strong experimental skills, with experience in the area of molecular biology, including but not restricted to: mammalian tissue culture; cell characterization (e.g. viability, proliferation, and differentiation assays); high-throughput analysis.
- Experience with cytometry and immune cell-based assays is a plus.
- Experience with transcription analysis, proteomics, and/or metabolomics is also a plus.
- Motivated and curious, experienced working with highly technical projects and personnel.
- Strong presentation and excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Confident, execution focused, team oriented, with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Highly adaptable and responsive to technical and business opportunities - comfortable delivering against challenging commitments.