Chemical Biology Scientist
Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring cellular turnover, an untapped area of human biology. Turnover is a fundamental feature of every cell in the human body, occurring more than 30 billion times per hour. This process goes awry in disease. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating cellular turnover for the treatment of cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an institute dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Inzen Therapeutics offers the opportunity to work at a big concept biotechnology company. We are seeking a Chemical Biologist to join our Platform team with the goal of advancing our research programs from early discovery to proof-of-concept and beyond. We are searching for enthusiastic, innovative, and highly motivated individuals with a passion for pursuing scientific research aimed at bringing novel medicines to patients. Successful candidates should be scientifically motivated self-starters, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and capable of working independently in conducting and critically analyzing experiments at the interface of chemistry and biology. The position is based in Manhattan, New York.
- Perform organic extractions, chromatographic separations, LC-MS method development, and small molecule analytical characterization; natural product experience a plus
- Design and optimize biological assays (low and high throughput), perform method development, and conduct in vitro and cell based studies
- Assist with high throughput screening and assay development for HTS
- Familiarity with mass spectrometry and/or synthetic methods desirable
- Ph.D. in Chemical Biology, Chemistry or a related field with 3+ years work experience.
- Proficiency in small molecule separation, isolation, and characterization.
- Proficiency in mammalian tissue culture.
- Comfortable transitioning between chemistry-based and biology-based projects and serving at the interface of these two teams.
- Ability to independently plan, execute, and analyze complex experiments.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Motivated, curious, and team-oriented, with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.