Scientist, Protein Sciences
Ambrx is a biopharmaceutical company enabling a new field of protein medicinal chemistry, using a fundamentally new technology that directs incorporation of amino acids beyond nature’s conserved set into biosynthetic proteins to produce high value biologic products.
We are seeking an independent, experienced, and self-motivated Scientist to be a key member of a dynamic and fast-paced organization. The successful candidate will provide hands-on leadership to develop stage appropriate purification and bioconjugation processes used for research and pre-clinical production of therapeutic proteins. This individual will support the Protein Sciences team in design, execution, and documentation of laboratory studies for purification and conjugation process development, and for protein production at various scales. The successful candidate must be a goal-oriented team player with excellent troubleshooting and communication skills and adaptive to a timeline driven work environment.
- Ph.D in Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, or related field with 3+ yrs industry experience; or MS in Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, or related field with 7+ yrs industry experience; or BS in Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, or related field with 10+ yrs industry experience in developing protein/antibody purification processes to support research and pre-clinical stage programs.
- Experience in protein refolding and antibody drug conjugates is highly preferred.
- Experience in leading purification process development efforts.
- Both hands-on experience and scientific knowledge in modern protein purification techniques (chromatography, clarification/filtration, ultrafiltration/diafiltration, refolding, and conjugation) are required.
- Hands-on experience in programming and operating chromatography systems, TFF systems, as well as column packing and evaluation at various scales.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience in implementing basic analytical techniques (gel electrophoresis, HPLC, endotoxin, and protein assays) for protein quantitation and characterization are required.
- Experience in purification process characterization, scale-up, technology transfer, including drafting development reports, production batch records, protocols etc., is highly desired.
- Experience in Bio-Layer Interferometry (BLI) using Octet or Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) using Biacor is a plus.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, collaborative, and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, organization, and collaborative skills are essential.
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions.
Ambrx offers competitive compensation & benefits. EOE