Senior Manager Content
Amgen is looking for a Senior Manger Content Strategy to be part of the newly created Marketing Excellence team within the Center of Commercial Excellence. The Senior Manager will be the key driver of elevating Amgen's content capabilities across the US enterprise brands for the purposes of developing best in class omnichannel customer engagement. Specifically, they will collaborate in with translating insights and need states from the customer journey and partner with the Media strategist build an end to end content strategy to drive personalized and relevant engagement across all customer groups at Amgen. They recognize the convergence of content, media technology, and data; both in terms of strategy and in execution. They translate that knowledge into actionable marketing approaches that drive our brands forward.
This position reports to the Director of Customer Engagement. Job responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility to ensure the voice of customers and patient needs are being considered in brand's content.
- Understand and align brand needs and objectives with timely strategic content solutions
- Understand customer journey and map existing content against media moments of receptivity to understand white space/gaps in engagement; recommend growth plans that include any new content areas/ideas that drive higher consumer interest
- Ensure messaging is consistent across channels and that content ties engagement channels together
- Build and execute tactical support to roll out the content strategy (i.e. content calendar)
- Track the measurement of asset content performance and recommend optimization of campaigns
- Audit existing content to determine relevance and manage asset lifecycle
- Develop and elevate Amgen's capabilities around content strategy and build an ecosystem of content strategy and a key aspect of differentiated engagement
- Develop an environment of best practice sharing and standardization across brands
- Some Travel Required
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of marketing, strategic account planning and/or commercial operations experience
- Master's degree and 4 years of marketing, strategic account planning and/or commercial operations experience
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of marketing, strategic account planning and/or commercial operations experience
- Associate's degree and 10 years of marketing, strategic account planning and/or commercial operations experience
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of marketing, strategic account planning and/or commercial operations experience
- Comfortable working in the 'grey area' and defining and building capability
- Ability to quickly consume large amount of data and draw insights that drive the business forward
- Learning agility and emotional intelligence
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to craft a story and represent it to executives, team members, and outside agencies
- Strong managerial skills with the ability to internally navigate complex organizations
- Strong knowledge of social and digital media landscape
- Skilled in handling multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks and projects simultaneously
- Experience managing outside vendors
- Experience with creative advertising agencies, US market payor / access environment and relevant Amgen therapeutic knowledge are considered a plus
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.