Discovery Research Scientist
TeneoBio Inc. is a private biotechnology company based in Newark, CA with a new, fully human heavy-chain antibody (HCAb) platform based on transgenic rats. Our mission is to develop next-generation antibody-based therapies for the treatment of cancer, antibiotic-resistant bacteria, and emerging viruses. TeneoBio has several products in pre-clinical development for the treatment of solid and liquid cancers.
The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in a Life Sciences related field such as immunology, cancer biology, genetics or molecular biology. Previous experience with T-cell assays is highly desirable.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented researcher with the following skills to join our Discovery pre-clinical team.
- Strong hands-on experience with basic cell biology and antibody-based techniques is required (mammalian cell culture, transfections, ELISAs, flow cytometry, etc.)
- Experience with antibody functional assessment, multi-color flow cytometry, human T cell-based assays or high-throughput cell-based assays is highly desired.
- Proven track record of problem solving and the ability to pick up new technical skills quickly is essential.
- The ability to manage multiple projects independently, to communicate clearly and effectively, and collaborate with colleagues is essential. A strong attention to detail is also required.
We are a fast-growing start up offering challenging scientific work in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. We have high-profile partnerships with our venture capital investors and leading biotechnology partners. We are a flat organization, and you will have the opportunity to collaborate with experts from across our organization and learn every aspect of how a startup grows. We offer excellent benefits including:
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Stock options on day one
- 401(k) with match
- Group lunches
- Gym membership
- Transport to the train station and surrounding transportation hubs
- Vacation and sick leave
- Commitment to staff mentorship and personal growth
TeneoBio, Inc. offers a team-oriented and stimulating work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please include your resume and cover letter in your application. In your cover letter, please outline your specific experience in T cell biology and antibody-based assays.