Scientist- Drug Substance Manufacturing
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
SCIENTIST- DRUG SUBSTANCE MANUFACTURING
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our Drug Substance Manufacturing team as an entry-level scientist working in a collaborative GMP environment.
- Synthesize and purify synthetic oligonucleotides using automated equipment in a cleanroom environment
- Formulate intermediate and buffer solutions
- Problem-solving of technical issues
- Perform equipment maintenance and troubleshooting
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures and manufacturing documents for process and equipment operation
- Establish and execute validation protocols for manufacturing equipment
- Operate equipment ranging from laboratory scale to large production scale
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A BS or MS degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, or related field
- 0-2 years of industry or research experience
- Willingness to work with hazardous chemicals
- Ability to work in a laboratory environment where frequent standing, pushing, and lifting (up to 50 pounds) is required
- Exhibit the qualities of an energetic, positive, self-motivated, hands-on professional with strong work ethic, able to work well both independently and in a matrixed team environment
- Able to perform and think analytically and creatively to solve problems
- Excellent communications skills – written, verbal, listening – manifesting itself as a style that is clear, concise, and persuasive
- Able to maintain productivity and efficiency in an intense, data driven, interrogative environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
Please visit our website, www.ionispharma.com, for more information about Ionis and to apply for this position; reference requisition # 19-0056
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.