Senior Research Associate/Scientist Biologics
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute towards evaluating and building the next generation of antibody discovery capabilities at ChemPartner, a leading Shanghai based Contract Research Organization specializing in drug discovery services. As more and more Pharma and Biotech companies look for alliance partners to increasingly provide intellectual contributions and exceptional technical expertise, ChemPartner is uniquely positioned to not only be a Life Science CRO, but to be a pharmaceutical alliance partner. With a team of over 2000 experienced scientists, hundreds of western-trained pharmaceutical industry leaders, and experienced Pharmaceutical Executive Leadership at the helm, ChemPartner is aligned and dedicated to technically and strategically accomplish the research initiatives of Pharma and Biotech companies globally. Further information can be found on our website at www.chempartner.com.
This position will be based at ChemPartner’s South San Francisco facility.
We are seeking a motivated Senior Research Associate or Scientist to develop and execute cell based binding and functional assays on the Berkeley Lights B cell cloning platform called the Beacon (https://www.berkeleylights.com/). This position is a unique and impactful opportunity to contribute towards expanding the antibody discovery capabilities at ChemPartner by reducing this new technology to practice and integrating it seamlessly with the Shanghai based Biologics Department. Specifically, the candidate will become proficient in troubleshooting and optimizing binding and other functional assays, such as blocking, cytokine secretion or reporter assays on the Beacon. The ideal individual will have a combination of experience culturing mammalian cells, developing robust assays and an affinity towards learning, mastering and troubleshooting cutting edge technical instrumentation. The successful candidate must possess a combination of strong hands-on technical skills, outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to work effectively and collaboratively with geographically diverse teams.
ChemPartner offers a strong compensation package including salary, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Become proficient in executing B cell cloning experiments on the Beacon, including start up, assay optimization, execution, troubleshooting, maintenance and shutdown of instrument
- Develop and/or transfer a range of target specific functional assays, such as binding/blocking assays, cytokine release, signaling, cytotoxicity and reporter assays to expand functional screening capabilities on Beacon
- Collaborate with Berkeley Lights team to transfer best practices, information and future innovations for the Beacon platform
- Define metrics and cut-offs for selecting positive hits on the Beacon and become proficient with Beacon software interface to enable data analysis
- Serve as project team member for client projects, including contributing to Ab discovery strategy across a broad range of therapeutic targets, assay development strategy, execution of project plan and summarizing experimental outcome in clear and concise presentations to project teams
- Meet regularly with project teams to discuss progress, discuss technical issues and troubleshoot to ensure project tracks with time lines.
- Assist in maintaining equipment in biology lab including procuring accessories, setting up or renewing service contracts and serving as point of contact for equipment and service needs.
- Assist with management of data storage from Beacon experiments
BS/MS in Biology, Immunology or related field with 5+ years hands-on industrial experience in drug discovery for Senior Research Associate; BS/MS in Biology or related field with 10+ years hands-on experience or a PhD in a related field with 2+ years experience with biological assays for the Scientist position
Experience developing, optimizing and executing a diverse range of cell based functional assays across a variety of instruments is desired
Proficiency in learning new instrumentation, software analysis tools, such as that used for high content imaging, is essential.
Experience culturing mammalian cells is essential, ability to do RNA extractions, PCR amplifications and sequencing data analysis is a plus.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through written and oral presentations is necessary along with a positive attitude and attention to detail.
Ability to multi-task, organize and execute a diverse set of activities with demanding schedules and deliverables is essential.
Level commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume to CPfirstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number 19001 in the subject line.