Program Manager/Sr. Program Manager
Paragon Bioservices is a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) whose focus is the development and manufacturing of cutting-edge biopharmaceuticals. We provide industry-leading GMP development and manufacturing services for cutting-edge biopharmaceuticals such as recombinant viral vectors, next generation vaccines & hard-to-express recombinant proteins and oncolytic viruses. Paragon's scientists, engineers, quality experts, manufacturing operators and program managers are experts working with biologics from research and process development to GMP manufacturing for clinical trials and commercial launch.
The Program Manager (PM)/Sr. Program Manager (SPM) will lead multiple client Process Development and GMP Manufacturing projects. The PM is responsible for managing the client contract and will use their organizational, collaboration, influencing and leadership skills to initiate, plan, execute and monitor client projects. The PM will lead cross-functional project teams and partner with internal business and technical leadership together with subject matter experts to deliver project results in an efficient manner consistent with client expectations.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Delivers on assigned program objectives within agreed upon time, budget, scope, and quality.
- Applies sound project management practices within assigned projects.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and balance multiple, often changing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Manages cross-functional project teams.
- Manages the overall project plan and schedule.
- Maintains open, collaborative and solution focused communication with clients and provides periodic updates & progress reports.
- Monitors progress of assigned programs to ensure on-time milestone and budget completion while ensuring high quality deliverables are provided to the client.
- Able to troubleshoot problems with minimal assistance. Consistently seeks and promotes innovative solutions or approaches to problem solving in a highly flexible and interactive manner as scientific data reveals new information or requirements evolve or change.
- Works collaboratively with other program managers and acts as a program management resource for all employees.
- Works to develop project management competencies across the company while strengthening the support capabilities of Program Management.
- Demonstrated ability to drive programs and overcome obstacles with minimal supervision. Clear understanding of program management processes.
- Demonstrated leadership capacity & development potential.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams without direct authority. Ability to foster collaborative partnerships with others.
- Demonstrates ability to interact with and build relationships at many levels of the organization, both internally and externally, to accomplish objectives. Resolves conflict effectively.
- Excellent communication skills with an emphasis on the ability to interact in a positive manner with all levels of internal and client employees and management.
- Ability to adapt within evolving corporate & program management organizations.
Education & Experience:
- B.S. in Science or Engineering required. Advanced degree (M.S., M.B.A., PhD) is preferred
- Knowledge and expertise in project management practices; working knowledge of biological sciences and finance; proficient computer skills required including MS Project
- Program Manager: 3-7 years direct experience in leading projects in a contract development or manufacturing environment
- Sr. Program Manager: 7+ years direct experience in leading projects in a contract development or manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of Biologics Fermentation, Cell Culture, Purification and Analytics preferred
- Professional experience in a related field such as Biotechnology, Pharma preferred
- Experience in Biologics preferred
Paragon Bioservices is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.