Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
*This is a 1st Shift, Monday-Friday, from 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. position.
Summary: The Security Administrator plays a key role in ensuring the safety and security of the IOPS facility in Rensselaer. This role is responsible for administering the Security Access Control System and maintaining security documents and information. The Security Administrator also performs security protection duties including site access and patrol, conducting investigations, and responding to emergency situations as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Administers the Security Access Control System to ensure the correct individuals are provided access to restricted areas; Partners with area owners to create access groups for their respective areas and to ensure appropriate access is maintained; Advises individuals on documentation requirements and instructions; Examines credentials of persons desiring entrance to restricted areas; Ensures access documentation is completed accurately with appropriate approvals in accordance with SOP's; Enters access data into appropriate computer systems; Regularly audits access to restricted areas and performs corrective actions necessary to ensure compliance; Compiles and prepares access data reports as needed
• Performs security protection duties including site access and patrol; Greets and processes all persons desiring entrance to the site; Verifies credentials while maintaining a professional demeanor; Prepares and issues security badges and parking permits; Patrols the buildings and grounds on bike, foot, or vehicle to ensure physical security and life safety protection; Monitors and reviews site security camera's; Responds to alarms and calls for security assistance; Provides security escort as needed
• Advises on security procedures and practices; May assist in the development and/or implementation of policy
• Monitors electronic protection systems including alarms, CCTV, fire, elevator, intercom, and other systems as assigned
• Investigates and follows up on incidents that compromise the safety and security of the site as directed by Management and/or Human Resources; Discreetly handles sensitive information; Prepares associated reports
• Responds to emergency situations (i.e., fire, medical, confined space, haz-mat and personnel related issues) and contacts the proper authorities when necessary; Assists police and other emergency responders as needed; Organizes and carries out emergency drills related to site safety and security as directed
• Provides guidance and direction to contract security staff as needed
• May be responsible for special projects as assigned which may include, but are not limited to:
o Conducting security audits and developing risk assessments for audit findings
o Developing and delivering security training programs
o Planning and organizing traffic control programs and initiatives
o Developing and maintaining security communications such as site radio systems
o Monitoring international security incidents and impact on travelers
o Closed circuit security monitoring and review
o Maintaining key lock system
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to multi-task while paying strong attention to detail
• Ability to maintain a calm and professional demeanor
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Demonstrated ability to manage crisis situations preferred
• Ability to independently manage projects preferred
Education and Experience:
• AAS Degree in related field with at least 2 years of law enforcement, military or security experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Valid NYS Security Guard License or equivalent
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.