Amgen is seeking a computational chemist to apply molecular modeling and computational chemistry techniques towards advancement of drug discovery programs. The primary responsibilities are:
- Apply structure-based and ligand-based drug design and predictive modeling to advance drug discovery projects, as part of interdisciplinary project teams that include medicinal chemists, protein chemist, structural biologics, and therapeutic biologists.
- Develop and apply new computational chemistry and molecular modeling methodologies
In our mission to serve patients, speed is absolutely critical. We're rapidly expanding our hiring initiatives and are excited to unite with the most passionate and brilliant scientific minds who want to join our team - working toward our mission of advancing high potential programs for cancer patients around the world.
Stretch yourself at the cutting edge. You're poised to have a high impact in the new Bio century, Amgen offers our people interesting and challenging work.
Doctorate degree or Doctorate Degree completed by March 2019
Master's degree and 4 years of Computational Chemistry experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Computational Chemistry experience
- PhD. in Computational Chemistry or related fields
- Strong track record of research accomplishment in computational chemistry with three or more scientific publications or conference presentations
- Understanding of the physical chemical properties of small-molecules and its interactions with proteins
- Experience in advanced molecular dynamics simulation techniques for proteins
- Experience with one or more molecular modeling suites (MOE, Discovery Studio, Schrodinger, etc.)
- Strong communication skills and enthusiasm for working in an interdisciplinary team environment
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients - we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.