Manager, Decision Analyst
Provides advanced analytical support for decision dialog process teams, and for portfolio and LRP planning processes. Executes highly complex decision and spreadsheet model/template construction, de-bugging and trouble-shooting, checks data veracity, and supports generation of model insights for team review. Constructs and manages more complex portfolio analysis and prioritization tools and databases. Provides decision team meeting facilitation support and participates actively with decision project leader in data gathering and assessments. Expected to perform duties with a fair degree of independence. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Construct highly complex decision analysis models to reflect technical and commercial interactions of a project / asset. Responsible for the quality and functionality of the model. Flexibility and "user friendliness" of complex models is essential.
- Perform probabilistic modeling utilizing appropriate decision analysis models. Discuss insights obtained with senior members of the Decision Support Group and decision team.
- Provide input into development of process, and provide data-gathering and advanced analytical support for the portfolio analysis and LRP processes. Oversee management of portfolio and LRP data files and databases, lead portfolio and LRP data aggregation, and contribute to analyses.
- Provide advanced facilitation support for DSG-led team and management meetings (prepare meeting materials, record information gathered at meetings, and write-up minutes/action items); archive assessments, rationale, assumptions and other pertinent information
- Participate in data gathering and assessments in support of decision analysis projects and portfolio / LRP processes
- Keep abreast of latest tools and techniques in decision analysis / portfolio analysis
- Responsible for successful completion of modeling, analytical and facilitation assignments in timely manner.
- Accountable for quality, flexibility and user-friendliness of complex models, and for quality of portfolio database and tools.
- Scientific background, advanced degree desired (e.g. MS, MA) in physical or Decision Sciences, or 2+ years of demonstrated acumen in related field (e.g. consulting experience)
- Experience in financial and/or decision problem modeling.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, TM1 and/or other modeling and database software
- Strong logical and analytical skills, ability to rapidly integrate new information
- Good interpersonal skills, good general communication skills
- Proficiency in the software typically used in decision analysis modeling (e.g. Precision Tree, Crystal Ball), fluent knowledge of Excel macros, MS visual basic language strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Decision Analysis techniques (Monte Carlo and Decision Tree analyses, sensitivity analysis, waterfall and tornado charts) strongly preferred
- Completion of SDG Inc. "Decision Consulting Workshop" or equivalent preferred