1798 Consultants is a rapidly growing strategic market access agency for the life science industry. We offer market leading solutions focused on areas such as market access strategy, financial impact analysis, training, and patient support program design, all complemented by a full suite of creative capabilities. Whether we are working with Fortune 500 organizations or startup companies working to launch their first therapeutic product, 1798 Consultants strives to create value for our customers by informing and empowering them in a way that allows them to increase their net profits and optimizing their resources by organizing complex information into easily and rapidly implementable terms and tactics.
The Consultant is responsible for strategic reimbursement activities and tactical support for pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology products. It is expected that the Consultant will address market issues related to coverage and payment of products through the provision of coverage, coding, and payment guidance and will identify areas of opportunity for clients to obtain appropriate reimbursement. Additional responsibilities include serving as an onsite representative of the company for targeted engagements, executing against contracted project requirements, client presentation, developing and maintaining relationships with all major third-party stakeholders, providing hands-on support for advisory meetings, and remaining up to date on health policy through market monitoring and related activities. Management of client engagements through direct support of day-to-day activities with an eye towards profitable project management are critical to success in this position. Developing and delivering reimbursement training, for both external and internal audiences is also a requirement of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage projects and provide guidance to project team on research and client-related issues
- Develop detailed project plans and manage the budget for each project to achieve profit targets
- Anticipate issues that may arise in the creation of client deliverables and develop appropriate contingency plans to ensure timely, profitable delivery of quality products to the client
- Solve complex problems in a timely manner with minimal management oversight
- Manage and direct all aspects of client development and direction. Assure client satisfaction with project deliverables
- Manage cross-functional team
- Manage direct reports and mentor staff outside of direct report responsibility
- Provide subject matter expertise to internal and external customers
- Provide leadership in the strategic direction of 1798 Consultants
Requirements and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Managed Markets Marketing, Reimbursement, Value & Access, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, or other similar position
- Experience launching a specialty product in oncology/hematology, inflammation, neurology, or rare disease preferred
- Strong understanding of Federal (U.S.) payer environment, including areas of (1) approval, coverage, and reimbursement for both physician-administered and self-administered therapies and (2) health policy
- Detailed understanding of Federal (U.S.) Executive and Legislative branch health care policy and payment rate-setting authorities, processes, and responsible parties
- Detailed understanding of Medicare and Medicaid statutes, regulations, and sub-regulatory policies related to coverage and reimbursement of health care products and services
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage workload and meet project deadlines
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills are required
- Must enjoy working in demanding environment as a key member of a dynamic, team-based organization
- Advanced degree in Health Policy, Business, or Law is preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and type on keyboard; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.