Senior Scientist - Pharmacology/Toxicology
We are seeking an experienced Pharmacologist/Toxicologist to contribute to the success of an exciting pipeline directed at the treatment of inflammatory disease. As a key team member, this role is responsible for setting nonclinical strategies and the planning and execution of pharmacology/toxicology studies needed to progress discovery targets into early clinical trials and later development stages. This includes in vivo pharmacology studies; early safety de-risking strategies; design, and conduct of exploratory and GLP toxicity studies; study directing/monitoring; data and report review; and contribution to regulatory submissions.
This position reports to the VP, Pharmacology and Toxicology.
- PhD in Pharmacology, Toxicology or other relevant field
- 5+ years of industry experience (or Bachelors/Masters with 10 plus years of equivalent industry experience) as a project toxicologist.
- Experience specifically supporting drug discovery research and development from a toxicology standpoint.
- Experience in designing, conducting, monitoring and interpreting nonclinical toxicology studies.
- Working knowledge of GLP regulations, ICH, and other regulatory guidance documents, and experience conducting and monitoring toxicology studies is critical.
- Certification by the American Board of Toxicology (DABT) highly desired.
- Experience in inflammatory disorders highly desired.
- Proficient at working independently as well as in cross-functional team settings.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills required for extensive interactions with multiple CROs and external study monitoring responsibilities.
- Experience writing nonclinical sections of regulatory documents.