Senior Statistician, Research
- Provide statistical expertise for design, analysis and reporting of clinical or scientific research studies
- Develop standardized reusable JReview Objects and Views. Work with Medical Safety Evaluation (MSE) and PST Statisticians to formulate, conduct, and interpret appropriate queries of safety data using JReview and other analytic tools. Develop, as needed, ad-hoc JReview objects and views for evaluating potential safety signals. Champion and promote the use of safety review tools (e.g., JReview and SDRT) among PST physicians and MSE.
- Participate in the development and subsequent utilization of statistical tools for conducting meta-analyses of safety date & for benefit-risk analyses
- Works collaboratively with multi-function teams to complete project deliverables per agreed timelines. Keeps management Informed on important scientific/statistical issues that may arise, in a timely manner.
- Provides responses to routine questions from clients, scientific insight when answering nonstandard questions, and independently pursues analyses suggested by the data. Responsible for developing and maintaining good client relationships
- Communicates a basic understanding of scientific principles for assigned projects and acts in accordance with those principles. Clearly communicate fundamental statistical concepts to other statisticians, scientists, and other personnel.
- Maintains technical skills and increases own knowledge of new statistical methodology or areas of application through use of the scientific literature and attendance at professional meetings
- Presents own statistical research or review of the statistical literature at meetings and seminars.
- Participates in departmental activities including recruiting , training/mentoring, research efforts and cross-functional collaborations
Level will be based on education & level of experience
- MS or PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics or a highly related field. 0+ years (PhD) or at least 4-6 years (MS) of relevant experience required
- High degree of technical competence and sound communication ability, both oral and written
- Competent in experimental design, descriptive and inferential statistics, biometrics/biopharmaceutical applications and computer programming.
- Identifies data or analytical issues and either applies skills and knowledge to solve problems or seeks help to achieve solutions
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance. Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement. Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated