Scientist, Discovery Biology
We are seeking to add an enthusiastic and highly motivated researcher to our team focusing on the development of novel medicines based on our research into new biological pathways. In this position, you will play an important role in the discovery and development of new drug candidates through your expertise and work in cell biology and molecular biology. You will design, execute and analyze complex experiments, especially cell-based assays. You will need to summarize and present the results of your experiments to the research team.
The role requires the ability to collaborate with colleagues in a cross-functional, intensely fast-paced team environment. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible with the ability to handle rapidly changing objectives and timelines. Extensive experience working with cells in culture as well as cell-based assays is required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- PhD degree in biochemistry/biological sciences or a related discipline with 0-3y postgraduate experience
- Strong background in cell biology and molecular biology
- Extensive experience with culture of mammalian cells and cell-based assays, especially flow cytometry experiments
- Skills in FlowJo, GraphPad Prism and Microsoft Office preferred
- Should be able to work with minimal supervision and a high level of initiative
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Immediate availability is advantageous
Further Recruiting Information
For additional information about aTyr Pharma, please visit our website at www.atyrpharma.com. aTyr Pharma, Inc. is an EEO employer.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, aTyr Pharma also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) matching contribution.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job #144ZX. aTyr Pharma, Inc. is an EEO employer.