Senior Research Associate / Process Development
Fate Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated, skilled, and conscientious individual to join our company’s Process Development team to support the development of pluripotent cell-derived therapies. The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary team pursuing the derivation of hematopoietic cells, particularly engineered hematopoietic progenitor stem cells (eHPSCs), from iPSCs for cellular therapeutic purposes. The candidate will perform, optimize and analyze experiments involving the in vitro differentiation, expansion and production of iPSCs towards eHPSCs. Candidates must have extensive cell culture experience with impeccable aseptic bioprocessing techniques, and a knowledge of embryonic stem cells is preferred. This position is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, California and reports to the Scientist, Process Development.
- Production of iPSC-derived hematopoietic cells to support the development of off-the-shelf cellular therapies
- Phenotypic and functional characterization utilizing flow cytometry, FACS sorting, gene expression, NK cell / myeloid / T cell differentiation assays
- Implement procedures to standardize Fate’s hematopoietic differentiation platform
- Data interpretation, detailed record keeping and SOP writing
- Ordering and maintaining stocks of lab reagents and samples
- Presentation of data to iPSC-Core group and larger program-specific teams
- Work closely with Fate’s process research, development, and manufacturing teams to identify critical quality attributes at each stage of iPSC-derived hematopoietic cell manufacturing processes
- Culture, maintain, and generate banks of cell lines and primary cells
- B.S. degree with 4+ or M.S. degree with 2+ years relevant lab experience in cell biology, developmental biology, immunology or other related fields, industry experience preferred
- Expertise with mammalian cell culture as well as impeccable aseptic bioprocessing techniques is required
- Prior experience running multi-color flow cytometry assays and performing data analysis is required
- Prior experience and knowledge in iPS/ES cell culture and immune cell culture is preferred
- Excellent communication, time management, record keeping and data analysis skills
- Experience with cell banking and cryopreservation optimization is a plus
- Knowledge of statistical and analytical tools utilized is a plus
Working Conditions and physical requirements
- Will require working with human primary cells and established cell lines of human origin
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required from time to time.
For consideration send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com and reference job code 252MB.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for cancer and immune disorders. The Company is pioneering the development of off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline is comprised of FATE-NK100, a donor-derived natural killer (NK) cell cancer immunotherapy that is currently being evaluated in three Phase 1 clinical trials, as well as iPSC-derived NK cell and T-cell immunotherapies, with a focus on developing next-generation cell products intended to synergize with checkpoint inhibitor and monoclonal antibody therapies and to target tumor-associated antigens. The Company’s immuno-regulatory pipeline includes ProTmune™, a pharmacologically modulated, donor cell graft that is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the prevention of graft-versus-host disease, and a myeloid-derived suppressor cell immunotherapy for promoting immune tolerance in patients with immune disorders. Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.