Technical Sales Specialist - San Francisco/Bay Area
Come work with us at NanoTemper Technologies.
NanoTemper has a big mission — to enable researchers to do the best science of their lives. We’ve been around since 2008, developing, producing and selling cutting-edge instruments for protein analysis. Biotech and pharmaceutical companies like Boehringer Ingelheim, Novartis, Sanofi, GSK and Roche as well as leading research institutions around the world are our biggest fans.
Our headquarters is in Munich, Germany with subsidiaries around the world including Cambridge, UK; Kraków, Poland; Copenhagen, Denmark; South San Francisco and Boston, USA; Sao Paulo, Brazil; St. Petersburg, Russia; Bangalore, India; as well as Beijing and Shanghai, China. We’ve also won numerous company and product awards, the most recent being the Innovator of the Year for the Top 100 companies in Germany.
At NanoTemper, we believe that everyone counts and that the right people can do great things together. Collaboration, pride in ownership of your projects, and doing things differently are core to how we operate as a team. Since we’re growing so quickly, we face new challenges everyday. If you’re ready for the quest, then we’d love to hear from you.
As a member of our dynamic, international sales team, you will be supporting pre-sale technical and non-technical activities in the North American market. Responsibilities include:
- Execution of sales-related activities to maintain and expand business opportunities
- Profitable management of existing customer accounts
- Conduct scientific presentations and product usage demonstrations
- Prepare and perform detailed Proof of Concept (POC) studies with customers
- Develop solid customer relationships
- Lead and support process improvement initiatives.
Education and skills
- B.Sc., M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, or a related field
- 5+ years selling capital equipment in Life Science industry
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding territory goals
- Well organized, able to manage multiple projects at a time across a broad geography
- Adaptability, flexibility, resilience and independent working skills
- Team player with excellent networking skills
- Effective communication skills
No overnight travel. Must occasionally lift heavy items. NanoTemper offers competitive compensation, a thrilling technology platform and the opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and growing team.