PACT Pharma is an exciting, well-funded biotechnology company, advancing to clinical studies in 2019 with facilities and laboratories in South San Francisco, CA. PACT is developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. We are in the San Francisco bay area, in the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including aggressive participation in the growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
PACT is developing tumor-mutation targeted T Cells tailored for each patient. Tumor mutation (neoE) targeting is programmed into the patient’s own T cells to seek out & kill the tumors. Using (non-viral) precision genome engineering, the neoE-targeted Tcell receptors (TCRs) replace the endogenous TCR of fresh CD8 and CD4 T cells collected from that same patient followed by minimal expansion in closed systems for re-infusion into the patient. These patient-specific neoTCR-P1 cells are formulated to immediately kill all neoantigen-expressing tumors, together with a deep reservoir of ‘ready-to-go’ neoTCR-P1 cells for long term persistence and capable of rapid expansion to prevent future cancer recurrence.
We are currently recruiting for Senior Accountant, reporting to the Controller. This position will be based in South San Francisco.
- Prepare core accounting/finance entries including, accounts payable, accruals, payroll, fixed assets, prepaid expenses, and equity
- Manage the full cycle payroll process in a fast-paced environment
- Prepare account reconciliations, journal entries, prepare variance analysis and ensure accounting activities are well supported and documented
- Manage fixed assets and prepaid ledgers
- Develop and improve efficient and scalable processes using best practices that tie into the overall company operational structure
- Prepare and maintain supporting documentation to support financial schedules
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Proactively identify and assist with implementing systems and process improvements across various functions within the department
- Take on ad-hoc projects as assigned
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or master’s degree in Accounting if undergraduate study is other than Accounting – required
- CPA license – a plus
- A mix of public accounting and private company experience preferable
- 5+ years of experience
- Knowledge of GAAP, SOX and SEC reporting
- Payroll experience – a plus
- Strategic thinker with solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry a plus
- Systems experience a plus: QuickBooks, Intuit Payroll, Expensify, Bill.com, Point Purchasing
PACT Pharma is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.