PACT Pharma is an exciting, well-funded biotechnology company, advancing to clinical studies in 2019 with facilities and laboratories in South San Francisco, CA. PACT is developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. We are in the San Francisco bay area, in the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including aggressive participation in the growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
PACT is developing tumor-mutation targeted T Cells tailored for each patient. Tumor mutation (neoE) targeting is programmed into the patient’s own T cells to seek out & kill the tumors. Using (non-viral) precision genome engineering, the neoE-targeted T cell receptors (TCRs) replace the endogenous TCR of fresh CD8 and CD4 T cells collected from that same patient followed by minimal expansion in closed systems for re-infusion into the patient. These patient-specific neoTCR-P1 cells are formulated to immediately kill all neoantigen-expressing tumors, together with a deep reservoir of ‘ready-to-go’ neoTCR-P1 cells for long term persistence and capable of rapid expansion to prevent future cancer recurrence.
We are currently recruiting for Lab Manager. This position will be based in South San Francisco.
- Support and enable effective research and development in laboratories.
- Maintain the laboratory inventory of supplies, reagents, and other materials, purchase new equipment, and coordinate service/maintenance of equipment, necessary for the efficient operation of the laboratories.
- Ensure that all lab members work in a safe and effective laboratory environment.
- Organize appropriate training of all laboratory members for appropriate lab safety, maintain lab organization, and be familiar with the processes necessary for full functioning of the lab.
- Act as laboratory safety officer, ensuring compliance of the laboratories with all standards and regulations for the storage and disposal of hazardous and regulated waste.
- Support inter-laboratory collaborations, including material and information transfer and documentation.
- High school diploma and four years of related work experience, or combination of education and relevant experience. Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study is a plus.
- 3 - 5 years of lab management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organization skills, and computer and software skills.
- Should also demonstrate efficiency and effectiveness in keeping a laboratory productive and running smoothly.
- Familiarity with project management and inventory/ordering management software is a plus.
PACT Pharma is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.