Laboratory Animal Research
Laboratory Animal Research Position
Molecular Medicine Research Institute (MMRI) is an independent non-profit medical research organization located in Sunnyvale, CA. (www.mmrx.org). MMRI uses a multidisciplinary approach of molecular, cellular, and immunological methods as well as medicinal chemistry to identify key intervention points with the potential for the treatment of human diseases that lack adequate therapies. Key areas of research are those associated with inflammatory processes, cancer and fibrotic diseases.
We are in search of a highly skilled, energetic, individual with experience working with small animals to join our existing staff of highly talented researchers. This is a contract to hire position.
The individual will be responsible for overall administration of the animal research facility as well as key components of the research endeavor. The candidate is expected to possess excellent skills in all aspects of drug administration, blood/tissue collection, and in a wide range of pharmacokinetic and efficacy methodologies. Experience in complex animal breeding including maintenance and expansion of breeding colonies is required. Proficiency in general laboratory procedures (i.e. experimental study preparation, sample processing and record keeping) is necessary. Experience in immunological and oncology protocols is highly desirable. Proficiency in the use of computers for record-keeping and data collection is also required. The successful candidate will be an independent self-starter who is also a team player. All work will involve the direct handling of laboratory mice and rats.
- MS or PhD in Biological or Veterinary Sciences with minimum 5 years of hands-on experience working with animals in a research environment.
- Proficient with compound dosing and collection of samples for PK/PD
- Experience in surgical techniques and in vivo disease models is required
- Experience in maintaining breeding colonies is required
- Availability to work variable schedules including weekends and holidays.
- AALAS certification (ALAT or higher) preferred
- Accurate record keeping and troubleshooting skills are essential
- Good written and oral communication skills are essential
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work in a team environment
Salary is commensurate with experience
Please send your detailed resume along with a cover letter. Submissions without a cover letter will not be reviewed.